shape
carat
color
clarity

sndgems.com -- Bad Experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jesrush

Rough_Rock
Has anybody ever ordered anything from sndgems.com? What kind of experience did you have?

I''m having some trouble working with this vendor regarding an order for a platinum semi-mount I placed... for one thing I''ve never been able to reach them directly (always intercepted by an answering service) and only about 1/3 of my messages actually result in a return call from sndgems. For another, I''m having major difficulty communicating with them (him?) as the guy I speak with (when they actually call back) has a *THICK* indian or middle eastern accent that renders 66% of his words unintelligible to me. Incredibly, I''m not even sure if my order was received and is being processed--despite talking with him for five minutes (He promised to have someone call me about it--which never happened). Additional calls and emails to resolve the situation (another one today) have simply gone unanswered (or rather--my message with the answering service never prompts a callback). Quite concerned...

-J

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you do not yet have the product, stop payment on your credit card and notify them of your cancellation. Do business with people YOU are able to communicate well with and who meet or exceed your expectations. Don't wait any longer. You may still be in control.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I had a similar experience with them. I waited three weeks for a ring they kept promising was on its way but never was, and I had a lot of trouble getting in touch with anyone over there. Finally I had enough and decided to cancel my order before I got in deeper. If they haven't shipped your semi-mount yet, CANCEL IMMEDIATELY.

jesrush

Rough_Rock
Oh geez--now I'm really rattled. Thanks for the wise suggestion Dave, I'm looking into the stop payment right now.

jesrush

Rough_Rock
Just thought I'd wrap up this thread for any future buyers searching on google or pricescope for info about this company.

To summarize, I ordered a simple platinum ring on 8/1/04 via their website (sndgems.com) and other then a confirmation page on the website itself, received no emails or phone calls for a couple of days. No charges on the credit card. I tried to call them multiple times and was met with an answering service... they never called back... until the following week when I got a call from someone asking about the carat size of the diamond I was going to mount in the ring. Finally a response. I liked the ring enough that I decided to give them one more chance. A week goes by and no communication from them. I call and get the same answering service and the same lack of response from SND. I'd saved the number they'd called me from earlier... (212) 398-7974 and gave it a spin. Got an answer--a guy named "Vick"! "It should ship out next week." Wow, umm, ok. Well the week goes by and no communication, bringing me to today, 8/17/04. I called them again and got, "It's going to take about ten more days" at which point I cancelled my order.

I would definitely reccommend staying away from these guys. Fortunately, they didn't rip me off as they never charged me, but boy what a stressful irritating experience....

-J

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about your situation. Look at it this way, they lost a very good customer... YOU~!
And now you can shop for the perfect mounting from a reputable vendor..
21.gif

jesrush

Rough_Rock
Oh, and forgot to mention...

There are two other horror experiences (worse them mine) over at DiamondTalk:

http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6758&highlight=sndgems.com
http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6760&highlight=sndgems.com

BTW, I had the Columbus Ohio BBB try and pull the report on these folks and they couldn't because the report was "out for updating." The BBB rep explained they were having trouble verifying the mailing address of SND.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results