shape
carat
color
clarity

snake chain painful?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

howdysir

Rough_Rock
There is an old thread that didn''t get a ton of attention a long time ago so please tell me about your experiences with snake chains- i''ve read about them catching on people''s hair, but then I''ve also seen people here recommend them as well.

I''m trying to find out about my choice of chain for a (light) pendant to give on proposal in nyc since the ring will not be ready for another week. (btw thank you everyone who helped in choosing the best ring)

i was also looking at a Franco but the flat snake is the first pick as far as appearance.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My first inclination is to answer...only if the snake bites.

But in reality, a snake chain might get caught in your hair and I would recommend never wearing it to bed.

Also, if a snake chain ever needs to be soldered it''s very difficult for the solder mark not to show.

If you''re careful, I see no problem.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been wearing a snake chain for the past year without ever really taking it off. My hair does get caught once in a while, but just in the clasp, which would happen with any kind of chain. I love it way more that the rope and singapore(sp?) chains I had before.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i owuld get a box chain or a rope chain instead.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was told by a jewelry seller that a box chain or a snake chain were best for pendant security. My snake chain doesn''t get caught in my hair.

HTH

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
No one seems to be asking this so I will... is your hair curly? Because if it is, I would beware. Necklaces get caught in my hair constantly and I definitely can''t wear them to sleep.

*M*

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I have one and have been wearing it for years and I do not like it that much. It looks great but gets caught up in my hair at least twice a week.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 2:21:36 PM
Author:howdysir

There is an old thread that didn''t get a ton of attention a long time ago so please tell me about your experiences with snake chains- i''ve read about them catching on people''s hair, but then I''ve also seen people here recommend them as well.

I''m trying to find out about my choice of chain for a (light) pendant to give on proposal in nyc since the ring will not be ready for another week. (btw thank you everyone who helped in choosing the best ring)

i was also looking at a Franco but the flat snake is the first pick as far as appearance.
funny because i''ve heard both sides. women that got their hair caught in a regular link chain, switched to snake and no problem. had the other way around also. I''m wondering if it has to do with individual hair "consistency" for lack of better word.

does anyone find that Platinum link chains cause more "hair catchings" than gold??

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never had a problem with snake chains. I have wavy-straight hair.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have curly long hair and I own 2 snake chains I can't wear because they rip the hairs right out by my neck.

My favorate pendant chains are just a simple link chain, wheat chains, or box chains. Anything like a snake or potential for catching is not good.

Daniel, I have a platinum cable link chain and its my favorate and my hair never gets caught in it.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Snake chains are fine with long, curly hair.. Just don''t sleep with them, because they kinks easily! And I would not recommend rope chain to any long hair girl since they caught hair easily...

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
If snake chain is what i think I''ve got- mine is a very fine gold one- and my hair is long and very fine and always gets caught in it- I used to wear a silver one and it got caught a lot worse in that one.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I agree.. I always have problems with snake chains.. they always get caught with my hair even when I wear it only during the day and I always lose several strands of hair at the end of the day..

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I have a silver snake chain and my hair got caught in it all the time. I started swinging the clasp around to the front and it really helped.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I have problems with them too. The only chain I have that doesn''t eat hair is this cheap, now grey, cable chain from an airport giftshop.

eac

Shiny_Rock
I have long hair. I own one snake chain; it drove me so crazy, getting caught in my hair all the time, that I stopped wearing it out of annoyance. Another vote here for a box, link, or cable chain!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a silver 16" snack chain that I absolutely cannot wear because it gets covered in tangled and broken off hair!!

I have long, straight, thin/fine hair...I assume that the caught hairs are the small baby hairs at the nape of my neck. After wearing for a day or two, 2-3 inches near the clasp (ie: at the back of my neck) are covered in hair that''s wrapped around the necklace.

Ick!!

Anne

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results