shape
carat
color
clarity

SMDH

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had not turned on the news tonight.

The Alabama abortion bill was signed into law today and Trump and Bolton are trying to march us into a war with Iran.

Is anyone else disgusted?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yup

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The whole Bama thing has me feeling like this Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 6.31.57 PM.png . I'm thinking we need a law that states that men who masturbate and/or have nocturnal emissions or spill their sperm anywhere outside of a woman's vagina should be branded murderers and immediately put to death. All that wasted human potential, ya know. The incontrovertible evidence for inappropriate spillage should be solely a woman's word.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and of course Trump wants a war, good re-election strategy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whenever-you-feel-like-the-world-makes-no-sense_o_2951339.jpg

:knockout::knockout::knockout:

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
This is the only issue that could turn me into a single-issue voter. It’s absolutely disgusting. Anyone think they have the right to tell me what to do with my own body? Bitch, please.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't even want to post here.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m trying to wrap my head around how sick and twisted of a person you have to be to feel a woman or child who has been raped should be forced to carry the fetus of someone who raped them? Evangelicals don’t want to deliver cakes, but they want women to deliver a rapist’s baby.

Every woman deserves to have a choice regarding her body. If you don’t want to have an abortion, don’t have one. At least have the common sense to know that other woman have the right to make the decision that is best for their lives. Not every woman is “blessed” with a wonderful life.

We all know if men were the ones that got pregnant there would be abortion clinics in every town.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
And now Missouri? What is happening???

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Word.

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 11.37.40 AM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 12.26.42 PM.png

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
It's really disgusting that they do not hold the men accountable for abortions. Not that I support this "prolife" bullsh*t, but if you really want to be fair, consider implementing this law by putting the father in jail too for not being able to take responsibility? Maybe enforce something like they must provide financial support for the mother and the child, or that the father HAS to take care of the child? Pregnancy is a two way thing bro, the fact that they are making this seem like the mother is ONLY one at fault just make manifest their true misogynistic nature.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disgusted as always with your current govt!!!! - I saw it on our (Australian) news and thought to myself women's rights just went backwards several decades!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I very much hope that every single person who supports this travesty is one day forced to reckon with painful consequences of their own damn stupidity. So many people only ever learn to empathize when their loved ones are hurting.

Let them learn.

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I very much hope that every single person who supports this travesty is one day forced to reckon with painful consequences of their own damn stupidity. So many people only ever learn to empathize when their loved ones are hurting.

Let them learn.

Sadly I think many don't learn. They come up with a reason it's "different" when it happens to them or theirs.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know WTF is wrong with some parts of America.

For the vast majority of women, considering an abortion is possibly the hardest thing they've ever done, even if they actually want to do it because of the circumstances surrounding the pregnancy. Removing the option and forcing sane, educated women to go to backstreet clinics or spend money they may not have to take a weekend trip to Mexico (or wherever) seems, frankly, retarded, and guilt-tripping them by calling them murderers seems entirely callous and un-empathetic.

If this sort of decision is (yet another) made off the back of religion influencing state policy, it's one more reason why anyone with at least half a brain should be suspicious of religion, and why state and church should very definitely be separate. The US position is that so-called Islamic State and their desire to drag the world back to the 14th Century should be eradicated, yet apparently educated members of society are proposing to revert to pre-War thinking on gender equality and women's rights. I find it utterly bizarre.

I truly feel sorry for anyone living in the states that have this approach to things.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know WTF is wrong with some parts of America.

For the vast majority of women, considering an abortion is possibly the hardest thing they've ever done, even if they actually want to do it because of the circumstances surrounding the pregnancy. Removing the option and forcing sane, educated women to go to backstreet clinics or spend money they may not have to take a weekend trip to Mexico (or wherever) seems, frankly, retarded, and guilt-tripping them by calling them murderers seems entirely callous and un-empathetic.

If this sort of decision is (yet another) made off the back of religion influencing state policy, it's one more reason why anyone with at least half a brain should be suspicious of religion, and why state and church should very definitely be separate. The US position is that so-called Islamic State and their desire to drag the world back to the 14th Century should be eradicated, yet apparently educated members of society are proposing to revert to pre-War thinking on gender equality and women's rights. I find it utterly bizarre.

I truly feel sorry for anyone living in the states that have this approach to things.

As with many decisions by our out of touch lawmakers, the impact falls disproportionately on the poor/working class who will have more limited iptions when it comes to reproductive healt overall and may not be able to take that weekend trip somewhere else. If it was really about saving unborn children, pro life advocates would approach the issue with compassion, love, and reslistic options instead of forcing their will down other peoples' throats. Roe v wade was considered a health issue and we're going to pay with women's lives for these fundamentalist shenanigans.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let’s be honest, the lawmakers aren’t passing these laws out of morality. They’re doing this for votes. This is a game of politics. The pawns are women and children.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let’s be honest, the lawmakers aren’t passing these laws out of morality. They’re doing this for votes. This is a game of politics. The pawns are women and children.

You are absolutely correct. Donald Trump is currying favor with white Evangelicals. He is on the record as being pro-choice for most of his life. He is only taking the so-called "pro-life" position to get this segment of the population to support him. His position is particularly disingenuous given that he is so clearly on the record as being pro-choice for many years.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results