shape
carat
color
clarity

small thingys from Bob Kast

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok here is the story. I need another gift and already spoke to Jill Anish but I feel like I do not want to part with my red tourmaline. So I bought another one from Bob and on top of it, a citrine. Small things, but the citrine looks like a chicken and I always like Bob's tourmalines.

crbobcitr123.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another one

crbobastcit234.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and now the tourmaline. Much brighter in life

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here it comes

crbobktour123.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another light

crbobtour234.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another light

crbobtour234.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
crasru said:
Ok here is the story. I need another gift and already spoke to Jill Anish but I feel like I do not want to part with my red tourmaline. So I bought another one from Bob and on top of it, a citrine. Small things, but the citrine looks like a chicken and I always like Bob's tourmalines.
Pretty yellow. Do you mean it is the color of a young yellow chick?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and here are two tiny princess-cut chrysoberyls from Tan. I bought them for a pendant - they are almost identical in size IRL. Now I am thinking of the third stone. Something bright and whitish? Goshenite?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny but the green one looks much more saturated in reality. I saw the same phenomenon with Jeff White's chrysoberyl. It looked almost white in daylight in his pictures. In real life, it is very vivid. I shall post photos but they do not match the reality at all.

crtanchrys234.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I've been lusting after that citrine! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl said:
crasru said:
Pretty yellow. Do you mean it is the color of a young yellow chick?

This is what I was expecting...

Luckily that citrine is way more appealing :D

Attachments

• 9584.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 656

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, wrong picture and a bad one, too...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is going on?

crtanchr123.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, a chick, a chicken, a yolk. A ray of sun. You got my idea. But it does look like a tiny chicken!

I love chicken! I had one in my life...

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
crasru said:
Well, a chick, a chicken, a yolk. A ray of sun. You got my idea. But it does look like a tiny chicken!

Didn't mean to offend if I did, but it was good for a late night chuckle...

From what I can see those, chryso's look fantastic! That species is on my short list.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Chicken is on my short list

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For dinner, or for fun?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
davi_el_mejor said:
crasru said:

Didn't mean to offend if I did, but it was good for a late night chuckle...

From what I can see those, chryso's look fantastic! That species is on my short list.

No you did not offend me at all. Maybe it was a retaliation for my "Dishwasher".

Fellows! Where do I get a third stone for the pendant? Any ideas? I think something white (topaz, goshenite...) but I do not know what would match the lustre.

My posts are doubled today... strange, I did not drink. Maybe time for a nightcap.

OK, free associating... I like Bob's stones, and I like Dana's stones. They are both inexpensive, but you can find such interesting things there. I like Bob's citrine more than the one cut by THE MASTER that I have once bought. (It is somewhere among my posts).

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous yellow like a sunflower.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you have some fun projects coming up. Looking forward to seeing what you do with all these lovely stones!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru,
You had me scratching my head when you said that your citrine looks like a chicken. A few minutes later, it dawned on me that you meant it was as yellow as the bright feathers of a young chick. I wish I can see the chrysoberyl better. In any case, the chicken citrine looks like a very bright happy spring colour. :lol:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O-oh... Mouse - mice, chick - chicken? You'll be laughing, but I was always taught "chicken", maybe no one considered one chick an entity worth mentioning. I just never heard anyone say "a chick", at least not in this connotation... So I thought "a chick" meant ... well, you know. OK, my stone is a bright, happy, bold young chick! Not a girl!

Apparently I know school lingo better than farm lingo.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don’t take this the wrong way but I think English isn’t your first language. A chicken is the adult poultry (be it a hen or rooster with brown, white or black feathers), a chick is the young chicken (with soft yellow down-like feathers). If I sound condescending, I apologize as that is not my intention. :))

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
English is definitely not my first language. Not even the second one I learned, although the second one has fallen into a disuse and is forgotten. But see, you learn a lot on PS. I think I was taught that there was a hen, a rooster and a chicken. Chicken for plural, too. It always seemed to me that people used chicken instead of a hen or a rooster when they were grocery shopping. And a chick was a girl... Well, live and learn! Thanks, Chrono. That is fine with me.

But where I live, I should probably avoid the whole subject alltogether. Because if I say that Bob's citrine reminds me of "a chick", guys will not understand me. From this day on, it is my chick-colored Bob's citrine.

Luckily for me, Bob mostly sells tourmalines and I do not have a metaphor for this stone.

And, fellows... If you ever see a small, 5-mm princess cut chryzo on Tan's website that you do not need, can you holler me, please? I was thinking of AJ's tourmalines yesterday and suddenly it dawned on me. I know what to do with the chryzos, I just need a couple more, and they do not need to match in color.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stones! The yellow one does look very bright and happy even if it doesn't look like a chicken :twirl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru said:
English is definitely not my first language. Not even the second one I learned, although the second one has fallen into a disuse and is forgotten. But see, you learn a lot on PS. I think I was taught that there was a hen, a rooster and a chicken. Chicken for plural, too. It always seemed to me that people used chicken instead of a hen or a rooster when they were grocery shopping. And a chick was a girl... Well, live and learn! Thanks, Chrono. That is fine with me.

But where I live, I should probably avoid the whole subject alltogether. Because if I say that Bob's citrine reminds me of "a chick", guys will not understand me. From this day on, it is my chick-colored Bob's citrine.

Luckily for me, Bob mostly sells tourmalines and I do not have a metaphor for this stone.

And, fellows... If you ever see a small, 5-mm princess cut chryzo on Tan's website that you do not need, can you holler me, please? I was thinking of AJ's tourmalines yesterday and suddenly it dawned on me. I know what to do with the chryzos, I just need a couple more, and they do not need to match in color.

BTW, I may be not totally wrong. I looked up "chicken" in Wikipedia, and although modern term is adult poultry, look what it says,

""Chicken" originally referred to chicks, not the species itself. The species as a whole was then called domestic fowl, or just fowl. This use of "chicken" survives in the phrase "Hen and Chickens", sometimes used as a British public house or theatre name, and to name groups of one large and many small rocks or islands in the sea (see for example Hen and Chicken Islands)."

Now I do not know what "originally" means, but you know my age, don't you? Maybe at the time I was learning English, it was legit to call "a chick" "a chicken"? Or else, my textbooks were obsolete... AJ, how would it sound if I called Bob's stone "a chook"?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I really like your citrine Crasru!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
What do you think about a fun stoplight pendant?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Indy, you are always so nice! I was thinking of a pendant. The problem with a stoplight is that the red stone has to have the same brightness otherwise it won't look well. These stones are very bright. But I got an indea for earrings and they can look nice, I just need two stones of similar cut/size and brightness. They do not necessarily need to be chrysos, but Tan occasionally sells smaller chrysos as well and if I find what I want, it might be pretty interesting.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm liking the yellow small thingy from Bob Kast..... :appl:

MoZo

ps my experience:
chicken referes to a grown hen and/or rooster which terms are used to describe or be specific re a female or male.
chick is used to describe the baby.
but this is something i found:
volaille - the flesh of a chicken used for food
chicken - a domestic fowl bred for flesh or eggs; believed to have been developed from the red jungle fowl
poultry - flesh of chickens or turkeys or ducks or geese raised for food
broiler - flesh of a small young chicken not over 2 1/2 lb suitable for broiling
capon - flesh of a castrated male chicken
frier, fryer, pullet - flesh of a medium-sized young chicken suitable for frying
roaster - flesh of a large young chicken over 3 1/2 lb suitable for roasting
spatchcock - flesh of a chicken (or game bird) split down the back and grilled (usually immediately after being killed)
hen - flesh of an older chicken suitable for stewing
white meat, breast - meat carved from the breast of a fowl
chicken wing - the wing of a chicken
and this is all way more than i need to know about chickens!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results