shape
carat
color
clarity

Small Takahashi revisited

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I've just ordered a lovely pair of Takahashi earrings, and if they are as gorgeous as they look, I'm thinking (sometime in the next year, not right away) of a necklace. One of my summer favorites is costume, a present from one of my parents' trips - a fake seed pearl rope, two strands twisted. Probably about 27 inches, goes easily over the head. I was wondering about making an elegant version with Takahashi baby pearls. If one had a twisted double rope of say 3.5-4 mm pearls, would they be fine unknotted? And should I go smaller for two twisted strands?

Any advice welcomed! And thanks for the map to the Takahashi rabbit hole! Wonderland ahead.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade has some baby akoya that have held up superbly!! She strung them herself and wears them a ton, maybe she'll have some practical advice re. knotting. I think for the most part baby strands usually just have the last few end-pearls knotted. Maybe you could also knot every ~10-15 pearls or so for a twisted strand...

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Yssie! My original, being costume, isn't knotted, of course. But it's a really useful summer necklace and I'm hoping baby akoyas are reasonably affordable!

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
It sounds like a lovely idea. Quite intriguing, in fact! Please keep us posted if you continue with this project.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
My lovely Takahashis - very simple AAA 7.5-8. I may wear them every day! And apologies for the terrible iPhone photo. I hate selfies of myself and have never bothered to acquire any skills. Still, a very Merry Christmas!
8FBD5502-67BA-4D94-9A83-679EB801666B_4_5005_c.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results