shape
carat
color
clarity

Small range of melee in halo?

lwiern1

Rough_Rock
I just purchased an pear diamond that is a 1.67 length/width ratio. I wanted it to look more like a 1.5-1.55 in the setting, and the jeweler said he could "bulk out" the bottom of the pear setting to make it look like a lower ratio. He suggested used a small range of melee in the halo. Has anyone ever seen this before? different ranges and sizes of melee in one halo? I am sure it wont be that dramatic, but I am worried it may be noticeable? When I voiced that I had some concerns, the jeweler stated "I very strongly that using a small range of melee in the halo will enhance the overall look, but that's up to you guys." Can anyone weigh in?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just posted this pic in another thread about this subject. Can the jeweller show examples of his prior work where he created such halo's?
Mine has a melee range in one halo. Very subtly done by Victor Canera:

I don't think I have seen the same in a pear halo.

_3202.jpeg

_3203.jpeg

lwiern1

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the visual!!!! That is really helpful. Would you say you can tell the melee is different sized from looking at it, or does it just blend together?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you can tell the sizes are ranging but in a very beautiful and subtle way. It's one if the aspects I like best of Victor's ring.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is subtle. Until you pointed it out my eye told me the entire ring was slightly squared, including the center until...well, until I did a double take. Beautiful workmanship.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results