shape
carat
color
clarity

Small gemstone gift suggestions?

emmmme

Shiny_Rock
At our wedding in August, my husband and I each had our two siblings stand up for us. Even though they weren't really a "wedding party," we wanted to get them each a small gift (I know, I know, I should have had this ready on the day OF our wedding and not two months later, but here I am... still with no gift!)

I'm still on the fence about what to get my brothers, but for my sisters-in-law I wanted to get them each a small gemstone ring. I ordered some from Etsy about a month ago but I wasn't happy with the quality once they were received and sent them back.

I'm hoping to spend under $100 for each. If I can get 14k gold for that price, I'd be very happy, but I'm also open to sterling silver.

I don't mind if the gemstone is tiny. In fact, so far at the top of my list are these rings:

They're $73 each and the seller has a variety of stones to choose from. I like they they're delicate with a pop of colour, and there's something about that deep barrel bezel that is very cool to me!

Do you know of any inexpensive gemstone gift ideas?? Looking forward to your suggestions!

il_94.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought the stones are included.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1382546779|3542957 said:
carmen1|1382542219|3542917 said:
Chrono|1382539924|3542904 said:
You can't go wrong with Daniel M of Etsy. So many choices of styles and stones for under $100
http://www.etsy.com/shop/danielmjewelry?section_id=6108100

+1, specifically the rainbow bezel rings at $88/each: https://www.etsy.com/listing/68547159/rainbow-bezel-rings?ref=related-3

Do those prices include the stone as well? In other words, $88 is the finished price?
Indeed they do. You an upgrade to different stones for more, but yes, that's the finished price for the listed gems.

emmmme

Shiny_Rock
Wow, great price for those rings. I didn't think to look at Daniel M! I'll have to inquire about tourmaline or opal for October birthstone - or maybe I could just go for pretty colours and scrap the birthstone idea altogether.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emmmme|1382566606|3543208 said:
Or maybe I could just go for pretty colours and scrap the birthstone idea altogether.

I don't know about the reciepients but I don't put any stock in birthstones since those are man-made concepts. Just get something pretty. :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its funny, but it never crosses my mind to go by birthstones; instead, I always go by favorite colors of recipient or colors they wear.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dislike my March birthstones (aquamarine or bloodstone) so I'd rather get something in my favourite colour. :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good one, Chrono! In fact, I don't even know what they are and I remember as a kid the whole system lost credibility when I saw two different charts with varying results for each month's birthstones. Even as a kid, I knew that that just wasn't right. :roll: :roll: :wink2:

emmmme

Shiny_Rock
I think birthstones are silly, too, but they seem to like them. My husband got me a citrine pendant as a wedding gift and the first thing his mother pointed out was that he coincidentally and unknowingly chose his own birthstone!

I thought having a little extra "meaning" might be nice, but that it reflects my interest in gemstones might be enough.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emmmme|1382632274|3543743 said:
I think birthstones are silly, too, but they seem to like them. My husband got me a citrine pendant as a wedding gift and the first thing his mother pointed out was that he coincidentally and unknowingly chose his own birthstone!

I thought having a little extra "meaning" might be nice, but that it reflects my interest in gemstones might be enough.

In that case, since you know the reciepients would like them and appreciates such gestures, I don't see why not.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emmmme|1382539184|3542899 said:
At our wedding in August, my husband and I each had our two siblings stand up for us. Even though they weren't really a "wedding party," we wanted to get them each a small gift (I know, I know, I should have had this ready on the day OF our wedding and not two months later, but here I am... still with no gift!)

I'm still on the fence about what to get my brothers, but for my sisters-in-law I wanted to get them each a small gemstone ring. I ordered some from Etsy about a month ago but I wasn't happy with the quality once they were received and sent them back.

I'm hoping to spend under $100 for each. If I can get 14k gold for that price, I'd be very happy, but I'm also open to sterling silver.

I don't mind if the gemstone is tiny. In fact, so far at the top of my list are these rings:

They're $73 each and the seller has a variety of stones to choose from. I like they they're delicate with a pop of colour, and there's something about that deep barrel bezel that is very cool to me!

Do you know of any inexpensive gemstone gift ideas?? Looking forward to your suggestions!

Are they going to each give you their ring size, because they may have to get them resized, and not all jewelers are willing to resize silver, or know how to.

I would probably get the ladies pendants instead.

I like the birthstone idea and someone mentioned DanielM, and he does pendants too.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the rings you posted better than the birthstone ring idea........
and if a birthstone is what they'd appreciate I like the idea of a pendant/necklace better than a ring.

emmmme

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your feedback, everyone.

I know their ring sizes - I was going to order a size up so they could wear the ring on their right hand, whatever finger was most comfortable.

I do like the idea of a pendant as well - it might actually get more wear if I choose the colour correctly. I think stud earrings might hit the jackpot even better - looking at pictures of them, they're always wearing earrings even if they're not wearing any other jewelry.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ideas keep getting better and better. :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can someone not love stud earrings? :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results