shape
carat
color
clarity

Small diamonds in head of setting, but not halo

just_browsing

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any real world experience with a ring similar to the one shown below (left and top)? It has accent diamonds within the head of the setting itself rather than a full halo. I was considering settings with small halos, but outside of the Tacori line, all the halos I saw were too big for my tastes. This seems to be a pretty unique setting that provides some additional sparkle around the center stone without a full halo.

img_20151030_152430.jpg
img_20151030_153224.jpg

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I've built a few of these and I have to say that they tend to be underwhelming. The diamonds in the prongs point in the wrong directions to show much sparkle and they are so far underneath the center stone that they can only be seen from a narrow range of angles. It is unique and seldom seen because even if you have one it's hard to see anything different about it from regular prongs. Halos, or some variant of them, are designed with cleaning in mind, while diamonds in prongs can only be cleaned from the front. If you want unique and more visible than this, then you may be better off working with a custom jeweler to design a unique style that suits you better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results