shape
carat
color
clarity

Small Bling Gift for Best Friend

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My best friend is going through a terrible ordeal during what should be one of the best times of her life. I live far away, so I'm trying to figure how how to support and help her long distance. I've been making her a gift basket filled with things to cheer her up, and I thought it would be really nice to get her a small diamond to represent how strong and tough she is.

I was thinking of the Tiffany Diamonds by the Yard necklace with just the single 0.03-0.05 stone. She doesn't particularly like or care about brand names, so maybe something not Tiffany but in that style? Is there an online retailer that you would recommend for something similar? The jewelry she wears is understated, so definitely something super small that she'd be comfortable wearing every day in silver or white gold. My budget is $150-$300, and I know she wouldn't mind preloved at all. Top priority is great quality :love:

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Aw that’s so sweet of you!
Personally I’d start with browsing Loupetroop’s necklaces, keeping in mind you can likely ask the seller if you can make an offer.

And of course there’s always eBay!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co-Silver-Peretti-04ct-Diamond-By-The-Yard-Necklace-16-5-in-181015A/223190971358?hash=item33f737f3de:g:-zAAAOSwg3taqFqR:sc:USPSPriority!19104!US!-1&LH_ItemCondition=3000

Oooo! Do I need to be worried about authenticity for something like this? Or are these necklace faked less often than some of the other Tiffany pieces?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo! Do I need to be worried about authenticity for something like this? Or are these necklace faked less often than some of the other Tiffany pieces?

eBay has pretty good protection in my experience if you feel Iike it’s not authentic. I usually just try to stick to sellers with good reviews though I’m sure that’s not perfect.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an awesome gesture. I recently made a purchase for my cousin who has been having a rough go at it recently. She is not into brand names herself & is a very casual person. As much as she is a very understated person who isn't into name brands, she said unwrapping that blue box made her feel special. She & I couldn't be more opposite. LOL I bought her a 12mm Tiffany Bean necklace. It's so pretty & the meaning behind the bean fit the spirit in which I was buying her a gift. Since a bean has the potential of growing into a plant, the bean represents new beginnings, hope and energy. .

Last edited:

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I got quotes from IDJ and Whiteflash super quick!! Both quoted it in white gold though, so they ended being over budget. I replied to each asking if it's possible to do in silver... I'm a bit tempted to blow the budget and go with Whiteflash since the 0.05 diamond would be an ACA, and my friend deserves the best. On the other hand, she's super practical so I think she'd be upset if I spent that much money (not that she'd know :halo:) . Is there a very noticeable difference at that small a size for a Tiffany stone vs an ACA you think?

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to chime in and say that you’re an amazing friend and that it’s a super sweet gesture! I’m sure your friend will love whatever you choose for her :)

FWIW i suspect in a size of 3-5 pointers, WF vs IDJ won’t matter too much as it technically wouldn’t be an ACA anyway since it’s melee sized. I would ask IDJ for the best cut melee they could source.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Unfortunatey neither Whiteflash nor IDJ will make the necklace in silver, and their quotes in white gold are out of budget :(2

I'm thinking of checking out etsy to see if there's anything in budget in the same style, but I'll likely just go with the Tiffany one! There was a 0.05 carat Tiffany one on eBay with all the packaging for $220 that I saw a couple days ago, but it seems to be sold now. There are a couple of the 0.03 carat ones listed as well.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ended up snagging a preloved 0.07 carat Tiffany one off eBay! I think it'll be the perfect size - super delicate and understated, yet very sparkly. I was worried about the metal overwhelming the small stone, but I think it's beautiful and perfect!

Ahhh, I hope she likes it!

20181125_182246.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OP you are a great friend, wow, like you I love giving too and what a pretty gift! There is just one thing I wanted to point out, have you had this authenticated? If not hope you can get it checked out at a local Tiff store and have a great return policy but it is true that ebay generally has very good protection in place for buyers. Just make sure you verify that it is a diamond and that it is an authentic Tiffany. Otherwise, I am absolutely sure she will love it, who would not?

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OP you are a great friend, wow, like you I love giving too and what a pretty gift! There is just one thing I wanted to point out, have you had this authenticated? If not hope you can get it checked out at a local Tiff store and have a great return policy but it is true that ebay generally has very good protection in place for buyers. Just make sure you verify that it is a diamond and that it is an authentic Tiffany. Otherwise, I am absolutely sure she will love it, who would not?

Hmm, this is a good point. I had tested it with my cheapy diamond tester, and it tested diamond. I louped it for double refraction, and then checked all the stamps and details against the Tiffany website and authenticated preloved sites (like Fashionphile). Nothing seemed wrong to me, but I'm a total beginner when it comes to Tiffany. I don't have a Tiffany store nearby :cry:... is it worth sending out for authentication? Or are there any typical signs I could check that indicate a replica piece?

metro

Brilliant_Rock
What a thoughtful, sweet friend you are!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results