shape
carat
color
clarity

Small Asschers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kkal474

Rough_Rock
Does anybody know whether or not you can find GIA graded asschers at about the 0.20 ct size.. I currently am having my wedding band made by Whiteflash and it will have 5 0.20 ct stones in it and wasn''t sure if it is reasonable to expect GIA certed stones that small. I know that it is hard enough to find good asscher cuts in larger stones and probably even harder in the smaller ones. How can I make sure that the stones they select will be good since I won''t be able to view them before i get the ring back.n Would I be able to tell if they sent me a photo of them? Thanks

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1. the reports would cost as much as the stones
2. GIA do not to my knowledge grade such teeny stones
3. the idea of the grading report is ultimatly because the trust issue is deemed to need an independant 3rd party - in a way you are signalling that you do not trust your chosen vendor. You probably did not intend that, but if I were they that is how I would take your qustion

kkal474

Rough_Rock
NO i definitely do not mean it that way. It is just a little nervewracking buying on line and I am trying to make the most informed decisions possible. If I was buying a larger stone, say 1 ct or better I am certain very few people would advise me to purchase it without a GIA report and simpy trust the person selling it to me. I have full confidence in my vendor but simply wanted to know whether it was standard at this size.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you ever seen Asschers at .20ct size? I can''t say that I have but I''d guess that it would be very difficult to differentiate "well-cut" asschers from "less well-cut" ones at that size.

It will be interesting to see what AGS or GIA calls "ideal" asschers whenever they start issuing cut grades (feb??).

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I would trust WF to pick out stones you won''t be disappointed with. They are very picky about what they set and won''t put their name on a ring th at is not worthy of their reputation.

On another note, asschers that small don''t show off what asschers are known for...the deep square shape that looks like the hall of mirrors and windmill shapes. So you loose the sparkle and fire of a diamond and can''t see the beauty of the asscher. But if you are real sure about using asschers trust WF''s selection even with uncertified stones.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d trust WF as well, but have never seen an asscher that small. I think when you get to that size you lose the look of an asscher that we all love. The patterns, windmills etc... JMHO, good luck!!!
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recently saw a give stone ring with .25''s and it was lovely. The stones were fairly small though, I don''t think the windmills and whatnot need to be as perfectly even as they do with a larger asscher. I wouldn''t bother with the certs and I would trust WF instead.

kkal474

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replys. I do want to go wtih asschers only because I believe that adding a brilliant cut diamond next to the asscher cut outshines the asscher and might make it look a little dull. I looked at some bands at the mall and didn''t really like the contrast between the two types of cut. I love the simplicity of the asscher cuts and that the type of sparkle an asscher gives off will match the wedding band. Sounds like it doesn''t really matter what the grading is since you probably won''t be able to see the details of the pattern much anyways as long as the color and clarity are comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results