shape
carat
color
clarity

Slowly getting back to normal

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In UK, more lockdown restrictions are lifted as of today Monday 01 June 2020, and life for me personally is slowing getting back to normal.

The cleaners can resume their services while I am out of the house, first clean since lockdown in March 2020.

The air-con company can come and fix my downstairs unit (it spits and drips water, I suspect the drain pipe is blocked like the one upstairs in the bedroom a year or so ago) as well as to service the system. This was planned before lockdown when the weather was still cool and bearable, and I managed with just the upstairs unit so far.

The dog walking by a dog walker has stopped as I can manage on my own with the help of my neighbour who likes to walk him from time to time. I should have stopped using the services of a dog walker when I started to work from home in September 2019, however, I kept her on out of loyalty as she has walked my dog since 2009.

My hairdresser is planning to open in July 2020 which is great news as my last monthly haircut was in March 2020!

Still can't get the integrated washer dryer replaced as it is classified as non-emergency. Therefore, I shall continue to visit the launderette in town that I have been using since about July/August last year for longer.

No sign of the pub I frequent opening any time soon as it is tiny and does not have a beer garden.

No sign of choir practices resuming any time soon as singing is considered as a significant risk of Covid-19 transmission.

I doubt if the theatre trip to London in August 2020 will go ahead which is a shame. However, I am not keen to travel on public transport just yet anyway.

This Thursday, I shall visit a friend from choir for a social-distancing meet in her massive garden, to drop something I cooked for her before lockdown, and we shall participate in a virtual choir practice using our respective computer/laptop.

Still not too keen to go out and about in crowded places, and I avoid going to the shops during busy times. It is good that I now have a garden of my own where I can use when the weather is nicer.

Life can be better, of course; however, it is what it is, and I am thankful that I am alive and well compared with the many thousands who had perished.

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was the first time I’ve actually been to a shop since 18th March. I masked up, put on my gloves, got the trolley and dashed in to get the few things I needed and was out as quickly as possible. There wasn’t any real social distancing in the shop apart from at the till. As soon as I got back to the car, I took off my gloves, bagged them and put them in the boot, then sanitised my hands before driving home. There was only one other person in the shop with a mask on, which surprised me.

I’m not going to be rushing to go shopping again, we’re able to get most things delivered, just a few things I couldn’t get elsewhere.

When we were able to meet someone outside our household, I met up with a friend for a walk, I wore a mask, she didn’t. We’re meeting again tomorrow. I’m looking forward to friends being able to come over and sit in the garden, we’ve really missed that more than anything else.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina I only went to the shops when they were not so busy early or late in the day.

Peeps largely respected social distancing, and I would avoid places where SD is not possible or practical.

I am wary of peeps getting too close to me, so I would step aside and let them pass. If they are in my path, I would ask before I proceed to pass them etc...

Can't control the actions, behaviours and mentality of others except my own.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went out this weekend to somewhere other than one specific grocery store for the first time since early March. Home Depot was a MOB SCENE. Fortunately I had made a list of what I needed with the aisle and bay numbers on it so I was able to go through the store quickly without wandering around. Yesterday I had to go to the local auto parts store FOUR TIMES for TR (don't ask... ). It's a tiny store, about the size of a 7-11. Two of the four times I was the only customer. The other two times there were a few other customers, none of whom had masks on, even though there is a sign posted on the door that they are required.

I'm not really eager to go to any other stores soon, although I have a big return for Ikea and would love to get that out of the basement because it's taking a lot of space and is a pain to have in the way. Maybe I'll do that some morning during the week right when they open. I can park beside the return area entrance and just get in and out. There's nothing I need there right now bad enough that I'm even tempted to wander around. I would like to restock my dark chocolate stash from there but I'm afraid the bars will be left over from before lockdown and the fresh ones are sooooo much better as I've learned by nibbling a little every day off of the ones I had when all this started).

No desire to go to a restaurant or have any personal services (haircut, pedi). So I guess I'm not ready to be "normal" just yet! :cheeky:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still not going anywhere here other than what is necessary. I did walk across the fields today to my friends farm, and sat in the garden for a nice socially distanced drink.

On Tuesday next week I am back at work when my school opens. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but it is what it is & it's my job, so off I shall plod.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most things seem to be "normal" here. Snowbirds are gone mostly there's some stragglers though. I saw bleach at the grocery store... :oops2: Speaking of, they're not exactly busy... a neighbor works part time at publix and said its not terrible, normal summertime traffic. I do see a few restaurants in my area have not opened up, I'm pretty sure they might not for a while.

We did the boat thing yesterday. I'm not a small boat lover, but it was enjoyable to get out and away from so much crap, being on the water allows the brain to just calm down some. we had lunch/explored barrier islands (you have to park your boat 50ft away from others, no more than 10 to a boat). some of those islands had plenty of space. Doggie was pooped when we got home...lol. She swam around with her life jacket on.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
In UK, more lockdown restrictions are lifted as of today Monday 01 June 2020, and life for me personally is slowing getting back to normal.

The cleaners can resume their services while I am out of the house, first clean since lockdown in March 2020.

The air-con company can come and fix my downstairs unit (it spits and drips water, I suspect the drain pipe is blocked like the one upstairs in the bedroom a year or so ago) as well as to service the system. This was planned before lockdown when the weather was still cool and bearable, and I managed with just the upstairs unit so far.

The dog walking by a dog walker has stopped as I can manage on my own with the help of my neighbour who likes to walk him from time to time. I should have stopped using the services of a dog walker when I started to work from home in September 2019, however, I kept her on out of loyalty as she has walked my dog since 2009.

My hairdresser is planning to open in July 2020 which is great news as my last monthly haircut was in March 2020!

Still can't get the integrated washer dryer replaced as it is classified as non-emergency. Therefore, I shall continue to visit the launderette in town that I have been using since about July/August last year for longer.

No sign of the pub I frequent opening any time soon as it is tiny and does not have a beer garden.

No sign of choir practices resuming any time soon as singing is considered as a significant risk of Covid-19 transmission.

I doubt if the theatre trip to London in August 2020 will go ahead which is a shame. However, I am not keen to travel on public transport just yet anyway.

This Thursday, I shall visit a friend from choir for a social-distancing meet in her massive garden, to drop something I cooked for her before lockdown, and we shall participate in a virtual choir practice using our respective computer/laptop.

Still not too keen to go out and about in crowded places, and I avoid going to the shops during busy times. It is good that I now have a garden of my own where I can use when the weather is nicer.

Life can be better, of course; however, it is what it is, and I am thankful that I am alive and well compared with the many thousands who had perished.

that's bad news about fixing the washer dryer
repairs of fridgers, freezers, ovens and washing machines were considered as essential as electricians and plumbing here durring the lockdown
of course we couldn't buy takeaways and the butcher and the greengrocers and the hairdresser were all shut - i have no idea if laundrettes were allowed to even be open

stay safe over there
im very concerned for UK peeps

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds we are fortunate that takeaways were allowed to stay open, so could laundrette and breweries and shops that sell alcohol.

I have only had a takeaway once as I could cook and have plenty to eat in the house.

Not keen on restrictions easing so soon to be honest, however it is what it is.

And thanks!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds we are fortunate that takeaways were allowed to stay open, so could laundrette and breweries and shops that sell alcohol.

I have only had a takeaway once as I could cook and have plenty to eat in the house.

Not keen on restrictions easing so soon to be honest, however it is what it is.

And thanks!

i do love how you are all catching up in your back gardens ....with spacing of course

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results