shape
carat
color
clarity

Slowing down the pace...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
So, yesterday I was cutting some baguette bread for lunch and I dont know what happened. I dont know if I was spacing out on my new wband or if I wasn't paying attention or what but my hand slipped and I sliced my finger, right across the nail. The knife went right through my nail, from about the middle top on an angle to halfway down the side. I couldn't look at it, luckily my FI was home and I was just holding my finger mumbling "I cant look, I cant look" and he looked and got a concerned look and said "uhh, it's not that bad, it's not that bad..." I didn't think he was very convincing and I looked, saw some blood and started shaking and almost passed out. Long story short, the nail was cut clean through but still hanging from the nail bed skin so we went to my doc, who was awesome. He thought he'd have to keep it attached until it healed and grew out, which I was NOT happy about, but in the end, after he cleaned it thoroughly he saw the cut wasn't that bad and there was only the smallest piece of skin holding that piece of nail on so he removed it (with copious amounts of numbing injections, thank god!), and now my finger's all bandaged up and the nail should grow out fine, fingers crossed, pun intended.

Of course as the good PSer I am, my immediate thought was, "crap! It's the finger next to my ring finger and I still have to take photos for PS today of my new wband and it'll look stupid with a bandaged finger!"

My point in sharing this little story is that we get so caught up sometimes in the minutae of life that we space out and can do something really stupid, like this. I'm lucky that I didn't sever my finger and I'm lucky that it happened during business hours so I could get to my doctor immediately and not have a $1000. ER bill! So with that in mind, take care this holiday weekend. Take time and slow down...I know I'm going to!

20.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes. Glad you''re okay. Who couldn''t use that advice...to just remember to slow things down now and then!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
OUCH, Surfgirl!!! I can only imagine how painful that is
14.gif
Take it easy and enjoy the long weekend!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
OUCH! I''m so sorry you hurt yourself, surf!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Ouch. Yikes, hope you are OK! When my sister in law got her ring, she got into a car accident because she was looking at her ring!! No kidding. We still laugh about it.

I read somewhere years ago that bagel slicing is a cause for many ER visits. Ever since reading that, I''m extra careful slicing bagels!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a relief that it wasn''t more serious! Please be careful.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 2:46:20 PM
Author: amylikesrocks
Ouch. Yikes, hope you are OK! When my sister in law got her ring, she got into a car accident because she was looking at her ring!! No kidding. We still laugh about it.

I read somewhere years ago that bagel slicing is a cause for many ER visits. Ever since reading that, I''m extra careful slicing bagels!
I''ve heard that before. I think they call it the Saturday morning bagel cut.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind words...I posted more to just remind us all to not always be so distracted...I know if I''d been paying attention to what I was doing it wouldn''t have happened, so lesson learned!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I passed out once when I cut my finger with scissors. Eek, sorry to hear you hurt yourself!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad that your finger is going to be okay!

I did something very similar around the Holidays with a fabulous new knife we''d gotten...so much blood, I completely freaked. I''m a massage therapist so the healing was super important and not nearly fast enough unfortunately, so I wore a lot of gloves that couple of weeks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big ouch!!! Hope it feels better soon! Slowing down sounds really good to me, too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results