shape
carat
color
clarity

slightly reluctant to post but fishing for a compliment

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This Aussie had a meat pie for lunch today from the local bakery =)2

almost every week we have customers bring in visiting Australian family members to try our custard squares - i forget what you call them( i do know the nick name you have for them:lol-2:)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't ever get compliments from strangers on my jewelry or my perfumes. I think New Englanders tend to mind their own business more.

But 10-15 years ago, before I began wearing progressive eyeglasses, I used to buy fancy, colorful OTC reading glasses. I got lots of compliments on those! I recall one day when I was wearing a reverse watermelon tourmaline pendant that my husband had made for me, on my mother's 18K gas pipe choker necklace. That was ignored and the reading glasses were complimented. Go figure!

oh i do love if a customer (man or woman) smells nice, makes a change from the meat pie and sussage roll smell, and this time of year is hot and some people are working out in the hot sun all day ........

saddly it seems a lot of (other) people just arnt into jewlery these days
i would have noticed your turmaline and then probaby would not even have remembered you wore glasses

i had this one customer who had the most amazing cameo that was her mother's, i used to love seeing it and i think in the end she made sure to wear it so i could see it- saddly she stopped coming in when we had to put our prices up last year due to rampent inflation (primarly the price of flour, eggs, cheese), people were pretty good and understood but they now will quite often skip the donut and just have a pie and a sandwich

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful necklace, Daisy! It's very creative and looks great. It's also really impressive that your idea came to fruition so quickly---I'd love to even finish one project. :)

it was a miricle i tell you:lol-2:
i think that's part of the reason im so happy with it,:kiss2: and just needed to shear with someone/anyone
i litery thought of it after seeing the etsy pictures, went to bed, thought about it some more lying in bed, strung it up the next night and took it in to be knotted the very next day
all my other projects go back like 6 years :confused:
actually these Wen pearls (that were very nice) i had brought for my daisy necklace but were not white enough againist the white enamel daises, that necklace has been going on for at least 6 years and still isnt completed but at least now i know my jewler knows what to do to make the bracelet charm work on a strand of pearls (he makes two silver disks like washers, and that stops the charm spinning as the knot wont slip into the huge hole in the charm)

you will get there and it will feel so good when you get something finished
last year i finally had one of my Whitby jet necklaces wearable, id like to say life is about the journey not the destination but with jewlery it just gets so frustrating, but them sometimes it takes a wee while for the mind to come to the most pretty solution i guess (and available funds too)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!
I actually recently made a half and half look myself to wear with some charm pendants. I used some gold filled watch chain (a cheap but fun find on Etsy awhile ago) and some tiny 4mm akoya. Great minds think alike!

thank you
but i am very much in your shadow =)2

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great!! I love your version!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The half and half look is SO in these days!! I see variants of it everywhere, with chain and beads of all sorts - that’s a great way to use both your pearls and your beads, and your old N charm ❤️

I can safely say that if I saw your necklace on someone I would want a closer look! I do agree with other posters, I rarely compliment others’ bling because I myself feel a uncomfy when someone I don’t know is clearly noticing my jewellery, and I don’t want to make anyone else feel that way… But definitely doesn’t mean I’m not looking :bigsmile:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love moss agate and the 1/2 and 1/2 look is so trendy right now. It's a beautiful necklace and super versatile! :kiss2: Still, the most impressive part, to me, is you coming up with your idea and having it all done so quickly. Not many of us can say that these days. I oh so rarely finish a project. :shifty:

And if it makes you feel any better, I can count on one hand the number of people who've complimented my jewelry over the years. It just doesn't seem to happen in real life. Seriously, my mom is the only person who seems to notice (with the exception of my hubs, of course). I too wish I had more real life friends I could chat about my bling with...but at least we have a great community of bling lovers right here on PS. :mrgreen:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I love moss agate and the 1/2 and 1/2 look is so trendy right now. It's a beautiful necklace and super versatile! :kiss2: Still, the most impressive part, to me, is you coming up with your idea and having it all done so quickly. Not many of us can say that these days. I oh so rarely finish a project. :shifty:

And if it makes you feel any better, I can count on one hand the number of people who've complimented my jewelry over the years. It just doesn't seem to happen in real life. Seriously, my mom is the only person who seems to notice (with the exception of my hubs, of course). I too wish I had more real life friends I could chat about my bling with...but at least we have a great community of bling lovers right here on PS. :mrgreen:

well thank you
the last time i was trendy was 1984
and how great is your mom :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
well thank you
the last time i was trendy was 1984
and how great is your mom :kiss2:

She is pretty amazing. Though I suspect she'd be happy to permanently borrow my bling, if we didn't wear such different ring sizes. Same holds true for shoes...though she has actually tried to steal those. Lol. :mrgreen:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Daisys and Diamonds, I love your necklace! The various shades of green agate just set off the pearls. Well done!
Most - 99% - of what I see on this forum is out of my price range but it's fun to look, and I love to see the pawn shop and ebay bargains.
If you ever make a bracelet to sell I would buy one.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisys and Diamonds, I love your necklace! The various shades of green agate just set off the pearls. Well done!
Most - 99% - of what I see on this forum is out of my price range but it's fun to look, and I love to see the pawn shop and ebay bargains.
If you ever make a bracelet to sell I would buy one.
that is very kind of you to say =)2
the moss agate was dirt cheap
the colours are nowhere near as varied in the vendor photo but i liked what i got
i cant even remember why i even brought the first strand, i think i just wanted to see what it looked like -then i just loved it and brought 5 strands :lol-2:(i want a rope)
the pearls from Wen were under NZ$100, but i had had them at least a year and desided they needed to be made into something, ive had a look at my account history but i cant be certain what they actually are but i did buy two strands to pick out the best but didnt end up using them for the intended purpose,

i find etsy can be a bit hit and miss but i dont spend big as im learning with sizes and i get it wrong a bit too often, plus im ment to be on ban island

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds , Your necklace is beautiful! You did a fantastic job with the design. Please don’t let it bother you that you haven't received compliments when you have worn it. I find people don’t really notice jewelry.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the half and half look and how wonderful to repurpose the "N". It's almost like my akoya strand. Looks great on you.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Love this necklace and the ‘N’ charm! I’m really liking this return lately of precious and semi-precious gemstone bead necklaces. I want a rainbow one for summer!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love this necklace and the ‘N’ charm! I’m really liking this return lately of precious and semi-precious gemstone bead necklaces. I want a rainbow one for summer!

they are not as heavy as i thought they would be
you must start a rainbow thread !

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very creative! Love the addition of the charm!!!

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
just wanted to shear something kinda funny
so i got to work on Tuesday and my workmate had a very bad case of laringitize
she was jestering hello and pointing at her throat
sigh
i briefly had hope but i knew it was too good to be true that she ment she noticed and liked the necklace in question :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
the othernnight my necklace was just sitting on top of the china cabinet at the front door and it was dark outside but we have quite a bright light there
and the moss agate actually looked like it did in the etsy picture
1711091791670.png
of course i didnt have my cell phone at the ready and maybe ill never see it like this again because i havnt been able to since

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I like this a lot @Daisys and Diamonds ! What a great modern twist on the traditional pearl necklace! I would love to see a couple more neck shots, it is hard to tell just how long the whole strand is from the picture.

I think this would be a great addition in a necklace stack/neck mess too!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
si
I like this a lot @Daisys and Diamonds ! What a great modern twist on the traditional pearl necklace! I would love to see a couple more neck shots, it is hard to tell just how long the whole strand is from the picture.

I think this would be a great addition in a necklace stack/neck mess too!
why thank you @RMOO
i must experiment with the neck mess !
i have a thick silver rope chain i wear often
the length is, ive discoverd my sweet spot so i really must find a tape measure !
the picture is really bad as its just from my oldish laptop

funny, i was just sitting here looking at my phone thinking i must set that stupid thing up
i still have moss agate beads left and some more pearls, im thinking about alternating the pearls and agate

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results