shape
carat
color
clarity

Slider bracelets?!

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
I just discovered the existence of these and I am IN LOVE. Does anyone else know about these?? I have been having a few shiny-setting problems: (a) now that I am washing my hands constantly, wearing rings is kind of a pain, so I have been wanting to wear more bracelets (b) but I want to be able to wear several different colors at the same time (c) but maybe sometimes I only want to wear one color at a time (d) I don't want to have to make separate bracelets for every single gem I have, that would be super expensive.

Then... I found out about slider bracelets! It's like a bunch of separate charms that you can string on a bracelet! (All pictures are from Brooks Fine Jewelry which I got linked to by another page which says they have good quality metalwork. I haven't bought anything from them yet so I can't personally vouch for it... but I am pretty sure it is in my near future.)

CSB8.jpg

It doesn't have to be all different colors!

CSB4.jpg

You can start one at a time and grow your collection which appeals to me (and my pocketbook, lol)

1592887926280.png

To add sliders to the rope chains you either need facility with pliers (which I have) or have a jeweler do it, but they have a cuff solution as well!

1592886700603.png

(The beads are spacer beads to keep the slider from, well, sliding). It's a cool engineering solution, actually -- one of the sets of ends has a cap that twists on and off.)

I don't think they have the facility with precious stones that the average CS PSer has, but I bet they could set my stones (and they can make "blank" ones for a local jeweler to set) and I also love the idea that I could also get custom made slides for my gems by a jeweler of my choice if I want a different vibe than Victorian. AND I think the slides can double as pendants. I just think there is a lot of upside here :)

It's definitely a niche sort of aesthetic thing and I imagine it's not for everyone! But I am excited :D As soon as I, uh, finish going through their catalog I will probably end up ordering something and will report back :D I was just so excited I wanted to share :D Does anyone have one of these and want to share pro/cons?

Attachments

• 1592886688298.png
    1592886688298.png
    322.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Nice concept. I woudn’t wear a traditional charm bracelet because of the jingling but this could be a great alternative.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have both a watch and a bracelet with “slide” charms.
Love them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results