shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing...how high can a 5.5 go?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeepnsarah

Rough_Rock
Just a question before I buy the ring. I am looking at a 0.75 tcw princess cut channel set ring in 14k gold however it is only a size 5.5 and it has to go to a size 9.75. I am aware that a new shank would have to be put in (and that''s not a problem) I am worried that it might alter the setting because it has to be stretched so much.
Any jewellers out there that can give me some advice before I buy the ring? Thanks so much!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
i''d find a ring that is closer to your size and avoid this dillema completely. Rings with channel set diamonds are not rare. You can probably find one that can be ordered to be made in your size. I think the rule of thumb for sizing is no more than 2 sizes up or down. Save yourself the headache and order one that fits!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Without seeing it I cant say for sure but as a general rule channel set rings will not stand that much resizing.
Anything over a couple sizes usualy calls for a remake.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results