shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing down a 5 stone diamond ring

EAB

Rough_Rock
I’m wondering if it would be possible to size down a 5 stone platinum ring from a 7.5 to a 6.5. It is 2 carat total with 5 .4 carat stones. They are prong set fairly low. I’m sure there’s a limit to sizing without hurting the stability of the setting but not sure what the rule of thumb is. Sorry I have no pictures!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
It seems a lot to me, but you really need to take it to a competent jeweler so they can inspect the ring to see how much they can do.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Surely you can take a picture side on - or maybe find a similar ring via an image search?
I would add speed bumps as they take up half a size. And do not aim for round so the ring becomes a bit egg shaped.

EAB

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your replies. I saw the ring while out of town but it is similar to this image but each stone has four prongs instead of shared prongs 8A8852D5-FC71-4F46-BA91-35630834ADAA.png

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This seems to be IDJ, just ask them.

EAB

Rough_Rock
Yes the image is from IDJ I found while looking for something similar. The ring I looked at was in an antique store. It is not an antique but does have some age to it.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes the image is from IDJ I found while looking for something similar. The ring I looked at was in an antique store. It is not an antique but does have some age to it.

One size up or down is typically not problematic.

EAB

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your replies. I hope I am able to see it again in the foreseeable future

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results