shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing beads info (for those that asked)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlelilly

Rough_Rock
For those who asked about the sizing beads in my ring in the Michael B/Superbcert thread below, here''''s my experience.....

I got them a few weeks after I received the ring. The first two days they were very noticable and mildly uncomfortable. I was very aware that they were there and questioning my decision. Probably for the next week or two after that, they occasionally made my finger a little tender where they touched, but it was mostly unoticable.

After that (going on 4 months now), I have been totally unaware that they were there. They never broke down my skin, although it was a tad red the first few days. There were little indentations for a few weeks, but no longer...and no callouses either. You can see them if you see the bottom of my hand from an angle, but I''''m fine with that. I show the bottom of my ring a lot, so I get my money''''s worth out of the full eternity band (hehe). I did get medium sized beads, and smalls would obviously be more subtle. I know it will be less noticable when I get the wedding band.

I am really glad I got these, and feel very secure with the ring on now. I hate the look of a ring that seems to squeeze the finger, so this was a good solution. Plus, if my finger grows as life goes on, I don''''t have to have this rind sized, which would be a pain. Also, I have no spin, which was problematic since the band is so light in this style.

Ring slips on and off easily when I want it too, but I it stays put in soapy water.

Hope that helps!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for posting this. I will likely need to get sizing beads in the future...and might have regretted it instantly based on your initial experience...but I''m glad to see that you don''t notice them anymore. Several jewelers have told me that, but I always wondered how that was possible with two balls sticking out into your finger.
2.gif

littlelilly

Rough_Rock
FireGoddess,

I spent the first week or two regretting I got them and considering having them removed, but now I am a HUGE fan. The great thing is that they are inexpensive, and if you couldn''t adjust, you can have them popped right out. They do also make a sizer that lays in the bottom third of the ring like a smile. Don''t know how much that helps with spin, though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am one of those that never got used to it. Yes, my finger was a bit sore while wearing it but it did a pretty good job of stopping the spinning. What made me remove them was the fact that I could not lift/carry anything with that hand. Everytime I carried a bag or anything else, the sizing beads "ate" into my hands. Not only were the marks very red and deep, they were also very painful. I ended up removing the beads. On a colder day, I wear the ring on the larger finger and on a hot day, I switch hands (to the smaller finger).

rms

Brilliant_Rock
are the sizing balls just there and fixed, or do they move somehow? I thought there was something in sizing balls that made it so that someone with big knuckles could get there ring on and then the ring would stay put. does that make sense?

I have been contemplating doing something to resize my rings. While not eternity, they have square shanks and I agree that I hate the look of the ring squeezing the finger so thought sizing balls would be a good option.. I actually almost lost my e-ring and freaked out just last night, so my interest level is very high now :)

my cousin is a jeweler and her rings just have an extra little strip of metal soldered onto the inside of the shank, rather than just balls. has anyone else ever seen that?

thanks for all the info.

littlelilly

Rough_Rock
The beads do not move around, but they still help with arthritic/big knuckles, b/c the squishy part of the finger squeezes through the space between the two beads...where it wouldn''t if the whole ring was smaller. Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results