shape
carat
color
clarity

sizing balls, still spins

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

myrah

Rough_Rock
My new wedding set is top heavy. It''s art deco with 3/4c round and matching w-band. My problem is huge knuckles so the rings are larger (a 7, I think). I had sizing balls placed and the spin is better but it still falls to one side. I was considering a butterfly spring. Would this be better? Also, the rings scrape my knuckles going on and off. I also have a 1.5C bezel set princess which is size a 6 and 3/4. Spins a little and also scrapes my knuckle. So I end up wearing only my plain band. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I have the same problem as you. I had heard sizing balls were the best solution, but now I''m not so sure. Maybe it''s the placement of the sizing balls that helps keep the ring in place. Who knows? One thing I have found that works (but is a pain) is ring guard solution. You spread it on the inside of your rings and it keeps them from slipping. But, the stuff is messy and you have to apply it just right (and 24 hours in advance). Because I like to clean my rings a lot it''s not the best option. But, it does work and is super cheap.

Hopefully someone else will provide a permanent solution!

myrah

Rough_Rock
I have the solution, but because I have large knuckles, when I put the ring on the solution peels off. Am I doing it wrong? I prep the rings as directed, let it dry 24 hours but this has happened more than once. I''ll try again. Thanks.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would think a butterfly spring might work better b/c it would tighted back up around your finger after going over your knuckle.

myrah

Rough_Rock
Since it''s 2 rings, do I solder together and have the spring place or a spring in each? Also, is it expensive. The sizing balls were $80 ($40 per ring). I thought that was pricey. I wouldn''t have cared if it worked. Thanks in advance for your help.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I''ve learned with the solution that less is more. Also, the rings really do have to be cleaned with rubbing alcohol before putting the solution on. If you''re still having trouble, I would try adding a little solution once the rings are on, even a little between the two shanks on the bottom. I know it says to avoid contact with skin, but I have done this a TON and it seems to do the trick.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yikes on the scraping of the knuckles, this was happening to me too after i started wearing both rings, and i ended up with some bad scrapes on my knuckle where i couldn''t wear my rings for a few days while they healed, and i felt like all the friction was making my knuckle on that finger even BIGGER. so i had the rings sized up 1/4 and now they are perfect. a little loose in winter but i also have larger knuckles. be careful with the knuckle scraping!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was away on vacation in the Carribean and my hands swelled like crazy due to the heat and humidity. I ended up scraping my finger and knuckle just to get my rings off. My finger healed but my knuckle was bigger after that. So I got home and had them sized 1/4 bigger. Now I don''t have any problems, yes they are a little loose in the winter. But most of the time they fit just fine. I''d be ultra careful with scraping your finger or knuckle. There is also a ring that can be made to swing open once it''s over the knuckle and then you close that part of the shank once it''s in place. Sounds like it could be expensive, but worth looking into. I wish I knew it''s name, but I''ve seen advertisements for it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh my grandmother had that done to her ring. She had arthritis and had problems getting her rings on and off. They actually built in a clasp like thing on the bottom. She loved it and it made it much easier for her to get it on and off. I wouldn''t want to cut up the shank of an expensive ring but my grandmother had an estate piece and didn''t think twice about it b/c she wanted to wear it.

myrah

Rough_Rock
Thank you to all of you for your help. There really is a lot of options.

myrah

Rough_Rock
I tried the solution while I had the rings on. Great idea!! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results