shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing an eternity band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I found a sapphire eternity band that I love from an online estate jeweller and I intend to purchase it, but the only reservation I have is the size of the ring. Currently it is a 7.5, which I can wear, but I much prefer a 7.75 or even an 8. The ring is channel set and is in platinum, do you think I''ll have any problem at all having it sanded down to a 7.75? I''m not sure if estate pieces (this band is from the 1920''s) are more problematic to size? Thanks for any insight on this...

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
It can be done, but only by someone who''s experienced in doing so. I''d recommend Ari at Single Stone, or asking Pete of Quest, or calling Fred Leighton or someone like that. Does it have any engraving on the sides? If so, and if it needs to actually be opened up (and another stone added), you''ll want someone who can re-create the engraving. I know my existing wband was, at some point in the past, opened up and sized because I can clearly see on the inside of the band, where a setting for two stones was put into the original band. So yes, it can be done, but find someone experienced to do it!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much, Surfgirl, it makes sense to send it to somebody who has experience with estate pieces. There is no engraving on the sides, but if I did need to have a sapphire added, I would want to make sure to send it to somebody who has access to french cut sapphires. I''d be happy to send it to any of the vendors you mentioned, I think they all do great work. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results