shape
carat
color
clarity

Size vs Quality - Please help!

sparklehorse

Rough_Rock

So we''ve narrowed it down to two stones.

My husband is leaning towards the first one, which is bigger and slightly more expensive. It is warm and sparkly, and at a first glance it looks the same quality next to the smaller one.

On our first visit, I didn''t know anything about diamonds and I didn''t see the inclusions on this bigger stone. On our second visit, after some research, I looked more carefully, and I could see a couple of large white inclusions to the sides (which cannot be covered by the setting), and a big one across the table too. They are visible by the naked eye, but only if I tilt the stone at a certain angle, because otherwise they are hidden by the shine

Honestly I wasn''t set on a 3 carat, but once I''ve seen it on my hand, the size does look nice. On the other hand, I feel like we''re sacraficing a lot for size already. The 2.25 is beautiful and eye clean.

I''ve been back to the store a couple of times and the staff is very helpful. They offered to send the EGL stone to GIA, etc. but pretty much told me what they think it''ll come back at. Everyone says it''s a personal decision. Well, I haven''t been able to decide, and I''m too embarrassed to go there yet another time.

Please help!

EGL Israel - $18K
3.01 carat, round
G color (actual color I)
Very good cut (very good dimensions, slightly thick girdle)
SI2 (actual clarity I1)
GIA - $15K
2.25 carat, round
I color
Excellent cut
SI2

Any helpful info/comment is welcome. Thank you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I responded in your other thread. It is best to keep it all in one thread because it makes it easier for people to help you out!
1.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results