shape
carat
color
clarity

Size Matters ! Rounds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYDiamond

Rough_Rock
Looking for size, what do yo think about the prices and spec''s, looking for good cut but not all that concerned about color (I okay), or clarity (SI1-2 okay). Any comments appreciated.

Round 3.01 / H/SI1 - $21,000
Table 60%
Depth 61.2%
Polish & Symmetry - Very Good
No Flouresence
No Culet
Girdle - Thin to Very Thick
Dimensions: 9.3x9.21x5.66

Round 2.51 / H/VS1 $19,759
Table 57%
Depth 62.3%
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Very Good
No Flouresence
No Culet
Girdle - Thin to Slightly Thick
Dimensions: 8.63x8.74x5.41

Round 3.02 / I/SI1 - $18,500
Table 61%
Depth 60.9%
Polish - Very Good
Symmetry - Good
No Flouresence
No Culet
Girdle - Medium to Thick
Dimensions: 9.25x9.35x5.66

2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
It would be easier to offer constructive information if we had more info at hand about crown/pav angles, etc.

But, based only on the information you've provided, and choosing one of the three, I'd select #2.

#3 offers only good symmetry vs. VG with the other two, also the med-thick girdle is unappealing. Also, the proportions of the table/depth are inverse.

#1 has VG symmetry, but girdle being very thick knocks this stone out of the running in my eyes....paying for weight you cannot see.

Lastly, I know you said that you care most about cut and size, and less about color/clarity, but in a stone this big, SI-1 is unlikely to be eye clean. #2 offers a VS-1 which is pretty significant in a stone this size.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
1 & 3 look rather unimpressive. If I had to choose, it would be #2.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It's hard to say without additional data, but #2 looks the best --no thick girdle, smaller table and better polish/sym ratings...
Also, keep in mind that is pretty difficult to find an eye clean 3cts+++ SI 1...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
None of these really appealed to me....but I did find this one.

http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1057/v.cgi?stock=1316175&_s=1057&_p=abaz83&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=&_ln=ps

It's a 2.50c I SI1 for $15k--Hearts and Arrows (or so it says) with an HCA score of 1.1 TIC (great!!). The numbers look good...and the cert is AGS. I would definitely check it out. This cut should be top-notch and its within your range and color/clarity combo. EX EX/ID ID is better than VG/G etc! It does have strong blue fluor, but as long as it doesn't look milky..that can actually help the stone look whiter. Be sure that SI1s in this ctw are eye clean as the larger the stone, the more tricky the SI grades are.

Out of your stones--they all look a little tricky in certain areas (e.g. depth too deep, table a little iffy...good vs ID)....but they could all be nice..depends on what sort of other info (crown and pav angles!) you can get on them. Shop smart!!

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results