shape
carat
color
clarity

size isn''t everything

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
Before this forum I did not make it a habit to notice other peoples'' diamonds
rolleyes.gif
. A co-worker has a VERY large 3 to 4 ct?? diamond in a nice setting but it is so lifeless and just sits there, dead. what a shame.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Nope, it's not. But, it could be very dirty. Cleanliness is the a very important "C".

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Before this forum I did not make it a habit to notice other peoples' diamonds
--------
Djgaloot,
Welcome to the club - it's very adictive
1.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
You don't need it anyway...

I prefer to look at other parts of my darling.

Trichrome :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah like the parts exposed by the fancy French lingerie?!
2.gif

11.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Mara, are you talking about .... hmm.. I prefer to not talk about
this subject in case SHE starts looking at this forum.

1.gif

Trichrome.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Noooooo...No need to be specific. It was just a bit of fun that's all after your last French lingerie post.
eek.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Lol lol lol!
9.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
héhéhéhéhé....

11.gif

Trichrome

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Size IS important. Some things need to be small, some things medium and some things large. Now, you have to assess individually which things go with which sizes. Everyone has personal tastes and this is an area where everyone can be their own "expert".

Please don't list your private preferences, but take a moment and ponder the possibilities....That can be mildly amusing on a long afternoon.
naughty.gif
love.gif
appl.gif
wavey.gif
read.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Oldminer,

What has to be medium?? I'm sure you were talking about diamonds
and NOT something else.

Trichrome.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
What has to be medium?? I'm sure you were talking about diamonds
and NOT something else.
--------------

LOL! Trichrome! You bad guy!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a very good point..what exactly is better at being medium? Yes there are good small things (e.g. I want to be thin or a small zit is definitely better than a big one) and there are good big things (e.g. men like to be taller rather than shorter, and have er...larger hands, and people in general usually want larger salaries), but what exactly is wanted to be MEDIUM? I guess if I couldn't have small and didn't want large, sure..medium works..but what?

Medium could be a happy 'medium' or rather a compromise. 1c is too small for me, 5c is too big (hee), but 2c is a happy medium. Or 3c. If I can't have small hands, I'd rather have medium than large?

confused.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Giangi,

I think Mara missed the point I was trying to make.

Trichrome
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
No I got your point (XXX rated!)..but it brought up another point in general which was...how exactly is medium a benefit--unless its that it is not small or large?
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhh,.... Forget Small and Medium. I'll take Jumbo, Giant, economy size any day!
love.gif
Up_to_something.gif
love.gif

hehehe
2.gif

jlim

Shiny_Rock
Medium will be equated to average.

You don't want to be the tallest person nor the shortest.

So, preferably for guys, not more than 6' and not less than 5'5" for example. Anything more or less, you stand a chance standing out, even for the short guy.

Well, if you want attention, I guess it is ok then.

pq - you want grande size, huh? Hopefully it doesn't apply shopping for clothings

*jlim ducking*

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/22/2003 2:36:17 PM jlim wrote:

*jlim ducking*

----------------

POW!!
14.gif
LOL

Nah, just being a Mom of 3 teens. We super shop for everything in Jumbo, Giant, Economy size!!!
2.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like a "medium" sized soft drink. Can't go the 48 oz Big Belch drink size. Only when I am cycling in the desert.

I rent a "medium" sized car when I travel. The small ones are dinky and have a small trunk. The big ones need nautical navigation lighting and an anchor. Who can park one anymore?

Medium equates to moderation in my way of thinking. A moderate amount of liquor, fattening food, exposure to sunlight....Those are things best done in moderation.....

A medium sized diamond could be very different from one person to the next, but if you want to wear a diamond everyday, you might not want to get the largest one possible. You might want a higher quality, "medium sized" one. That's the point I was making before...Along with a little humor, too. And, why not?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Or, you might want to wear nothing at all!! ROFL
2.gif
3.gif
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
This is the thread to follow - A little sex, a little mystery, some clothing discussion, diamonds, a good happy medium.

I'm not straining myself here.

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Good evening All,

While you are all focusing INTENSELY on size, you have completely forgotten about shape !!!

Shape is probably twice as important as size - there are all types of different shapes, like baguette etc etc...

Just my 4 pounds !
FC
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
LOLOLOL F&I!!!
wacko.gif

Different shapes, Final Cut??? Hummmmm......
6.gif
read.gif
love.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
i think i'll go back to ol' saying of "it's how you use it..."
naughty.gif

it's worked for me so far...
9.gif

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure what I started here
9.gif
It has been a fun thread nevertheless. I happen to like many things in the "medium" category
2.gif
Fine quality overrides size in many areas of life.
love.gif
Maybe ones choice in diamonds is a metaphor for his/her outlook on life. Where are YOU willing to compromise ?? Bringing it back to diamonds, Cut was the last place I was willing to sacrifice, then color, then clarity. I set my boundaries then adjusted size in order to fit within my budget. I feel good about my final decisions. I was in a bit of turmoil trying to decide until I figured out what my criteria really were; then the searching was fun.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
This thread is a little too hot for me
But here's my 2 cents, I trust you'll agree

IF we're talking of DIAMONDS--it's not just the SIZE
But CUT CUT CUT that makes the choice wise!

When cut very well - the performance is great
But if light leaks out - the STONE will deflate!

angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
wink2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/23/2003 9:19:39 AM djgaloot wrote:

Maybe ones choice in diamonds is a metaphor for his/her outlook on life. Where are YOU willing to compromise ?? Bringing it back to diamonds----------------

....or a product of one's experiences. We did the perfect little stone...focusing on quality over quanity. I don't regret the decision - just the chance to revisit it. It was disheartening when others would go "ga ga" over my friends *larger* diamond. It is not the quality of my little stone. OUr decision probably had something to do w/ wanting the stone to be a perfect little gem like our future together.

I appreciate the beauty of that stone. But, I really LOVE my big not so perfect specs rock. I knew I wanted a 3c. I wanted something that was as large as my hands could take. I really had no budget but wanted to stay around 25k. I found that this stone spoke to me & was around 10k less expensive. I wanted a stone that was pretty - but I didn't want to walk around w/ too much cash on my hands.

That said, I've never been a champion of super luper duper ideals; but, cut is king. A stone has to have a good make.

And, only RB's for me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results