shape
carat
color
clarity

size difference

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rickpiwo

Rough_Rock
is there a visable difference between a 1.1 and 1.25 round brilllant when set?

thanks again

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
To me there is :)

But it really depends on whether the visual difference if of enough value for you :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 12:36:44 AM
Author:rickpiwo

thanks again
It really depends on the stones you are considering. a well cut 1.1 could have a greater diameter than a badly cut 1.25..
Do you have links to the stones, and are you still considering them?

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 12:36:44 AM
Author:rickpiwo

thanks again
Assuming both were well-cut stones, you''d likely see a bit of a difference if both stones were held side by side.

If two people were in the same room, each wearing one of the stones, they''d likely appear substantially similar in presence (assuming, of course, that their finger sizes were similar).

Honestly, I find that a stone''s relative ''size'' also depends on the wearer....how big the stone is proportional to the finger of the wearer. For my size 6.5 finger, 6mm (.75) was the low end of what looked right; 6.5mm (1ct) looked a bit more balanced, and 7mm (1.25) began to hit the "mmmmmmmmmmm" noticeable factor.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results