shape
carat
color
clarity

Size difference DBTY?

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I have 4 sapphires that I am setting aside for a DBTY. They measure 4.5-4.7 mm. I would like to do 4 sapphires and 3 diamonds, but 3 diamonds that reach almost 4.7 mm will be cost prohibitive. The two smaller sapphires are actually my favorite and I'd like to place them towards the front of the necklace.

What size diamonds do you think I could use without it looking uneven? I can definitely afford 4 mm and with some careful searching and compromising on color (I color, which seems reasonable in small stones in a necklace) I can probably find 4.5 mm stones that work.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have found that a diamond looks much bigger than a colored stone in the same diameter, so to keep them all visually similar, going down to 4mm may be neccessary. Do you have any loose CZs that you could place in a row with your sapphires to gauge what looks 'even' to your eye? Although I like the idea of them being purposefully different in size as well. Maybe itty bitty 2mm ones?

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I have found that a diamond looks much bigger than a colored stone in the same diameter, so to keep them all visually similar, going down to 4mm may be neccessary. Do you have any loose CZs that you could place in a row with your sapphires to gauge what looks 'even' to your eye? Although I like the idea of them being purposefully different in size as well. Maybe itty bitty 2mm ones?

This is super helpful. I can definitely buy some calibrated CZs for comparison.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results