shape
carat
color
clarity

Size comparison pictures of Emerald and Marquise cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
The marquise is .90ct, the emerald is around 1.50ct. The marq looks almost the same size. It''s not fair!

marquise & emerald comaprison.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
sorry about all the fingerprints... it''s hard to balance a loose stone w/o touching it and take a picture at the same time.

marquise & emerald comaprison 2.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
last shot:

marquise & emerald comaprison 3.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you by any chance have an asscher cut that you can compare with a round??? lol

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen a 2ct Asscher at the jeweler''s that looked about the same as a 1.5ct round...maybe the asscher looked just a tad bit smaller. Are you getting an asscher??
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2004 5:29:17 PM
Author: ForteKitty
I've seen a 2ct Asscher at the jeweler's that looked about the same as a 1.5ct round...maybe the asscher looked just a tad bit smaller. Are you getting an asscher??
1.gif
I'm not sure. They're beautiful so I'm thinking it may be fun to have an asscher ring instead of another round (for a future RHR). Who knows though! I'm also drooling over cushion cuts.
3.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Asschers are stunning as pendants. I''ve seen one set NSEW and it was absolutely beautiful!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2004 5:39:43 PM
Author: ForteKitty
Asschers are stunning as pendants. I've seen one set NSEW and it was absolutely beautiful!
oooh, this would be luscious. mmmmm! lol I'm actually trying to figure out a b-day present for myself (still
7.gif
) so an asscher (or whatever) is a bit down the road. I ordered two necklaces from Tiffany's and hate them both so I'm back to square one!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2004 5:55:52 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
oooh, this would be luscious. mmmmm! lol I''m actually trying to figure out a b-day present for myself (still
7.gif
) so an asscher (or whatever) is a bit down the road. I ordered two necklaces from Tiffany''s and hate them both so I''m back to square one!
Don''t worry, when you see the "one" (for now, at least
2.gif
), you''ll know! I went thru a ton of pendants before finding my dream pendant. It''s like the TIffany''s bubble pendant, but with only 3 bubbles, and in a very particular size & order. I''ve worn nothing but that for the past year. Which two necklaces did you order?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
fortekitty, I have to tell you that I am soooo inspired now to make my next RHR project a marquise for the middle finger--so cool! And what a bang for your diamond buck! I think Old Miner posted once that in terms of most visual spread for weight, MQs were #1--and I do love them any way!
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
So when are you gonna start searching??
2.gif

stephinextremis

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/25/2004 5
6.gif
6:29 PM
Author:ForteKitty
The marquise is .90ct, the emerald is around 1.50ct. The marq looks almost the same size. It''s not fair!

I don''t have comparison pics, but it is true. My .27 marquise stands up really well next to my .60 radiant.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
People have guessed my new 3/8ct (.375) pear is .5, .6, or even 1.5 cts! It''s very comparable in size to my mom''s ~.5 ct old round, perhaps even a little bit bigger. And my stepmother''s 1 ct marquise is HUGE!

Beautiful new EC fortekitty!! I just saw your other thread, and you are one lucky lady!! What a mom!! Good luck finding a setting, and enjoy your new marq ring too!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I will!!
1.gif

btw, I really liked your e-ring! I have never seen anything like it... your fiance did a great job!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thank you! I was all worried about not liking what he''d pick out, and lo and behold, he knows me better than I do!

Thanks for these comparison pics - very interesting!

Nikki110704

Rough_Rock
what type of band is this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results