Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Size, Clarity, Colour?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hi all,

I've been on the market for some time now looking for a D IF princess cit diamond and I have posted a few topics on this BB with regards to my search. A number of times I have been advised that I am wasting my time with a D IF as the difference is not visible to the eye, and I shoulf spend my money on a bigger F-G VS1-2, So I thought I'd have a look and see what I could get for my bucks. Below are some of the diamonds I found, the last one is too expensive but I've included it as a comparison. all have very similar depth and table ratios and at frst sight it looked like I could get a 0.73 carat F VS2 for a simmilar price as my D IF but when I looked at the measurements there was very little diference:knockout:

Carat Color Clarity Depth Tbl Measurements Price
0.57 D IF 72.2% 66% 4.95*4.42*3.19 $2791*
0.73 F VS2 72% 66% 4.98*4.96*3.57 $2928*
1.02 I VS1 72.2% 66% 5.70*5.29*3.82 $3809*

Does this mean the D IF is likely to be a bad cut?

Any help welcome

Best regards HP

csanders

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am no expert, but having just bought a 1.10ct. princess cut (G,VS1,5.91x5.81x4.16) I figured I'd give my humble opinion. I would think it's not that D IF is not usually cut well, but since a D IF is somewhat hard to find, your options as far as cut are limited. If I were you, I would pick the F stone b/c it's cut square. The D IF is going to be rectangular. If you like rectangular cut princesses, then it looks like a good stone from the limited info. My personal preference is for square princess cut stones b/c I have found that the less square a princess cut is, the more light that leaks out the sides...

If you're buying over the internet, let me know. I can give you the name of where I bought my diamond from. (They are wonderful & actually got me a stone I found on Pricescope!!)

Good Luck!!
Cherie:wavey:

csanders

Rough_Rock
I bought my diamond from Diamond Brokers of Florida. ASk for Jan(owner). She is not pushy at all and will give you great info. I bought from them b/c their prices are very good, they have a 100% tradeup policy, they don't charge you for the diamond until 7 days after you view it, they will send to an independant appraiser for you to get the diamond checked out, they give you a brilliancescope report & sarin report on every diamond because they look at the diamond before they send to you!!! ( MANY co.'s on the internet just call up the cutter & send you the stone from cutter, they don't even look at it???) Jan & her husband own the store & they are both graduated from GIA.

All I did was e-mail her with the specs. I was looking for and she emailed me back with the stone I bought (the 1st time!) I was amazed... They have a store in Florida and have been in business for many years.

Here's the stone I bought:
1.10ct
G color
VS1 clarity
5.91x5.81x4.16
Depth: 71.4
Table: 70
Good/Good Pol. & Sym.
No Flor. or Culet
Price: $4,400.00!!! credit card
(It would have been $4,290.00 if I wired the money, but I wanted the additional protection of the credit card.)
The stone is wonderful & I went to 8 stores & looked at about 30 stones.

Anyway, if you have any other questions, just let me know...

Cherie
:)) :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.