shape
carat
color
clarity

Six prong of my E-ring ''catch'' stuff underneath...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
Hi all. I have a lovely six-prong Tiffany style e-ring; the prongs are platinum and the band itself is 18K yellow gold. I''ve only had this ring for about 4 months but I''ve noticed what appears to be pieces of fabric fiber caught underneath the prongs. How should I get them out? Or prevent them from getting stuck there?

My ring is is set low and when I wash/dry it I try to use paper towels. I''ve tried getting the loupe'' out and tweezing the fibers away but they are elusive. Any suggestions?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Have you tried an ultra sonic, or perhaps even using the spray atachment to your kitchensink?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually just pull out whatever gets caught in my prongs, but mine is a 4 prong setting.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Many, many moons ago, my diamond was in a 6 prong setting. I used to catch lint, strings, fuzzies, parts of cotton balls, you name it, under one of the prongs. I brought it to the jeweler to tighten that prong up, but it kept happening. I wound up having the stone reset in a new head.

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
I have only ever had a 4 prong setting. Do 6 prongs seem to catch more "things" in them???

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I was told that, if you start to see lint/fibers etc. in the prongs it means they need to be tightened. So, you might want to make sure yours have not loosened any--you don''t want to lose your stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results