shape
carat
color
clarity

Site Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Midway

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. My first time posting on PS. I''ve been reading and absorbing information here for the past 6 hours and I feel like I''m pretty close to making my e-ring purchase decision but wanted to get thoughts from people here in PS.

First, I''ve decided to buy my diamond online, I live in Chicago and I''ve been to many of the jewelry stores around here but am fed up with the pressure sales tactics and the general dishonesty. I''ve had several of my friends get engaged/married lately, and have been impressed with the diamonds they''ve purchased online.

I''ve read through many threads and many people seem to share my esteem for Jonathan and GOG. I''ve had two of my close friends buy diamonds from GOG and they are beautiful. And no other sites gives you the detail pictures that Jonathan provides. He definitely gives you a good idea of what you''re getting and what you''re paying for. Unfortunately GOG doesn''t currently carry a diamond that fits what I''m looking for.

I''m seeking out a 1.28 to 1.35 carot, H, VS1 to SI1, triple ideal/excellent, H&A diamond. GOG has a 1.32, I, VS1, but I''m concerned about the color. I don''t want to go any higher than an H. Reading through this site I learned about White Flash. People seem to consider them pretty highly as well. My only concern is I don''t have any experience with White Flash. I don''t know anyone personally who has purchased a diamond from White Flash.

So, my questions are: can I trust their judgment the way I would trust Jonathan''s? Can I trust that a 5 star White Flash diamond will have optimal shine and brilliance. Will I be completely satisfied with my purchase from White Flash. One reason for trusting GOG is their life time guarantee policy and their willingness to refund the cost of the diamond at any time. White Flash only offers a 10 day money-back guarantee.

Anyone who has had experience with White Flash and GOG, I''d really appreciate hearing your opinions.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Hi Midway-

I worked with Bob at WF, and was very impressed. I ended up buying a stone and returning it, but I was very impressed with the service and response. I would not hesitate to order a stone from them-I just ended up finding something locally that fit my needs and budget better. Bob was very clear with me about what I was getting, but I was probably not educated enough to know what it was I really wanted. Several other posters here have found beautiful stones from them. Those H and A are phenomonal from what I have read here. I will say too, that even when I returned the stone, I still received great service, and no pressure. And the quality is there too, and they are your eyes when you can''t see the stone. The only down side to buying over the net, is that it costs money to bring in the stones if you don''t buy, and if they aren''t in inventory. I think there is one vendor on PS who does not charge to bring in the stones, but I''m not sure who that is.

I know what you mean about the sales pitches etc in the stores-it is ridiculous. Good luck!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both very fine companies and you can be assured of getting an excellent stone from either. But I have to ask, have you called Jonathan? When I was looking for my ring stone, he initially did not have what I wanted, but he easily found one and called it in and ran all his normal tests on it for me. As it turned out, I ordered that stone and another larger one he did have in stock already to compare. We ended up buying the larger stone and someone else very quickly bought the other. Ironically, I bought an H VS1 and I initially was looking at the 1.3-1.5 range. I think the other diamond was about a 1.37 H VVS2. So do call him if you haven't. He has access to many stones not listed on the web-site. I've also had very good service from the people at WF in searching for other diamonds as well.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both reputable companies with fine product.
I have bought from both of them, more than once.

Perhaps more importantly I have also returned goods to both of them and I've even upgraded with WF.
I'd give WF the edge on the return experience, and the overall experience.
I also have a preference for the rep from WF.
His style of posting puts me more at ease than that of the GOG guy.

But keep in mind, this may just be my bias, and not a fair assessment of the integrity of these individuals.
We all tend to form opinions, which are not always fair.

But recently GOG had a high-end asscher I could not resist.
I had to buy it.
It arrived today.
GOG has been very good about the transaction.
So far so good.

Midway

Rough_Rock
Thank you Gail, Seeker and Kenny for your input! I think that''s what I wanted to know and it''s reassuring to hear that people think they both have quality product and can be trusted.

Kenny, I read the thread about your new asshar and I must say it''s a breathtaking stone. Congratulations on your purchase!
26.gif

Seeker, I did call Jonathan but I think when we talked I didn''t have a firm idea of what I wanted. I will try to give him a call again to see if he can THE stone for me. The one I saw on White Flash is 6.95x6.97x4.31 and had the following specs:

. Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 1.280
. Depth %: 61.9
. Table %: 55.6
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.4
. Star : 52.1
. Pavilion Angle: 40.9
. Pavilion %: 43.3
. Lower Girdle %: 75
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted

It''s a little smaller than I was hoping for. But can you guys tell me if the above diamond is noticeably smaller than one that is say 1.35, 6.98x7.06x4.42?

Sarin 1.28.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it would not be noticeably smaller. It would be a nice stone if you can''t locate one in the 1.3 range. But I''d try for the larger size first!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''m not too knowledgable about RB''s, but wanted to chime in and say that Whiteflash is WONDERFUL to work with!

My Husband bought my ering from WF a year ago and presented me with their lovely diamond bangle bracelet as my wedding gift a few weeks ago. Oh yeah, I purchased a diamond soliatare pendant for myself this past summer. Each transaction was a breeze.

Thanks to WF, it''s been a sparkly year for me!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2006 10:30:50 PM
Author: Midway

It's a little smaller than I was hoping for. But can you guys tell me if the above diamond is noticeably smaller than one that is say 1.35, 6.98x7.06x4.42?
noticably smaller? not a chance. they are virtually the same size.
the 6.96 x 6.98 dimensions of this stone are the same as 6.98 x 7.06
2.gif

carat weight itself does not matter as much as the dimensions.

i have also made multiple purchases from wf and can highly recommend them.

best of luck!

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Midway-

Did you see the special WF is running through I think Dec 1? Also, it is easiest if you plan on getting the setting through the same vendor you get the diamond, or if your vendor can arrange the setting to be done for you. Do you have an idea of what you want?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Also, I''d at least check out Dimend Scaasi. Looking at their offerings right now I see an option a little pricier and bigger than you were looking for. But it''s hard to beat being local....they''re downtown, and are gaining in becoming well regarded.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results