shape
carat
color
clarity

Sister-in-LawsRing...I-1, J, .79

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Guys,
I appologize..no pics yet! Took some, & having Wink crop them since I am stunned & dont know how. The stone is still on the Gallery page. Even saving it, it''s larger than PS allows & cant post it. Strange.

Wink had a stone available, an I-1, J, .79. My brother in law wanted to upgrade his wife''s rings & didnt have a clue about how to do it with a small budget. Her current ring is "about .25pts" as he put it & was all he could get 15yrs ago. He wanted to buy something larger for their 15th anniversary, but with 2 kids, didnt have the money to get a larger one & get a new setting as well. I told him we were going to try to do both.
31.gif
So I started to look around & luckily Wink had the diamond available. The I-1 clarity did concern me somewhat, but Wink assured me without hesitation that the stone was eye clean, all inclusions were white & the feathers that gave it an I-1 grade were very hard to see. The feather that was the most prominent, would get hidden within the prong structure. Trusting his judgement & going by his reputation, said ok to the diamond. My brother in law was extremely trusting as he just went along with anything I said. LOL Smart man.
28.gif
Thoughts on the stone...absolutely gorgeous. I stare at it & cannot for one second see anything. All right, my eyes are 41yrs old, but I have very strong glasses & I STILL cannot see anything. LOL The stone is very white for a J, especialy for one without fluorescence. Wink had the stone advertised for $1200. The stone also has wonderful arrows as well. A wonderful stone at a great price.

Stone description:
GIA Cert.--Round
I-1, .79, J color
6.00 X 6.04 X 3.57
Cut: Very Good
Polish: good (can''t tell its not excellent)
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluor: None
Table: 60
Depth: 59.3
Crown: 34.0
Pav: 40.8
Culet: none
Girdle: medium-sl.thick

Next came the setting. My sister-in-laws fingers are size 5. A lot of rings with accent stones are around the 3mm range, especially if mass produced casted rings. Where do you look for less expensive mass produced rings? Adwar.
2.gif
Found a set that took 23 X 2 point stones. I cant tell you how thin the rings are, but the stones are 2 points & when you do get to see the pictures of the rings, you''ll see there is not any extra gold on either side so I''m guessing the rings are about 2.2mm each or somewhere around there. So, got thin rings, & a blingy look for not a lot of money.
17.gif
Rings will run, with diamonds, roughly $950ish & that includes the crown, and setting the stones for both. Wink is very much a proponent of 6 prong crowns, especially if the crown is white gold. It took a bit of convincing for me to say ok to 6 prongs as most are always bulky & chunky looking. Another issue was that I didnt know what my sister in law would want. I mentioned the safety issue to my brother in law & he said he wanted 6 so if she doesnt like it, its his fault. LOL
27.gif
I did stress over & over, the prongs should be fine & delicate. Winks benchman did a fantastic job & even clawed them too. They look fantastic & in person, very delicate. Again, Wink pulled through.
36.gif
The rings themselves have been polished very well & do not look sloppy at all. This is really the way to go to save some money, especially on a tight budget. Of course Adwar would make these in platinum & white gold so if anyone is interested, they should ask. They are very thin & cant imagine them costing a fortune even for platinum. Would even be a good idea to order both e-ring & wedding band at the same time if they are well priced.
9.gif

Rings:
14K Yellow Gold
14K White Gold Stuller crown, low to medium set.
Size:5
EuroShank
common prong
23 X 2 pointers in total (10 in e-ring, 13 in wedding band)
Approx: 2.2 - 2.3 mm wide

Adjour #AR21569EW
Adwar #21569L --Collection #20, page 1149, last full row on page, 2nd set in from left.

The set cost about $2150. I have done a well job. LOL Ok, I know I''m tooting my own horn, but I crunched those #''s as much as I could & got my brother & sister in law a fantastic set for very little money. The best part is that they do not look cheap one bit.

Just have to await the pics now....

Judy
:)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW I''m already impressed! a 6mm rock in a thin diamond shank setting-- eyeclean and facing up white for just a SMIDGE over $2000,
23.gif
Honey you win for most impressive shopping feat by a PSer to my knowledge!

Can not wait to see pics!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Best shopper, worst pic taker? Where are the pics? Love the story though. Your SIL is absolutely going to die. That ring is going to look as though he spent at least double that. I love that.

shay

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like you hit the jackpot. That''s an awesome deal: great bang for the buck. Hooray for you, Wink, your BIW and his wife.
36.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wink just sent me some he resized for me... Thanks guys for your compliments. :)

Judy

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Da&&#(&*(*& pic isnt loading....why does this happen to idiots like me who cant figure it out?? Maybe I''ll just send them to Admin. I''lll try again...

Judy

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a great sister you are!!! I bet she will be blown away... cant wait to see the pics, it sounds beautiful!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lets try again!

Sue1.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
#2..

Thanks guys. I''m sure my BIL will be popping the question for the 2nd time in his life this weekend. LOL Sounds funny doesnt it, but its SO cute.
36.gif

Judy

Sue2.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2 x digital zoom...#9

Sue2XlZoom.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
4 x digital zoom #10 and final pic...

Judy

Sue4XDigitalZoom.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you must come back and tell us your sister''s reaction (I''m sure it will be great!) The ring looks like it cost twice as much as your BIL paid for it! I will say it again... what a great sister!!!!

Any chance you could come back with hand shots too
9.gif
?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need an award for best shopper on a tight budget. I have to admit, I really do like finding good deals and will go out of my way to do so. You did great though!
36.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, you did an awesome job! Very pretty! Is she thrilled with them???? I would be!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the beautiful ring!!! What a gorgeous setting and stone!

Don''t you just love the adwar stuff? Awesome!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Judy, forgive me for the dyslexia above. I totally opposited which was your sibling.
2.gif
(long day)

I will say that those pics were worth waiting for. WOW!!!! Your sister is going to die when she sees this set. Way to go, Judy. You win the sis of the month award. (possibly the year)

I wonder if you could convince BIL that you need pics of her face when she sees it the first time.

shay

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 7:02:42 PM
Author: Shay37
Judy, forgive me for the dyslexia above. I totally opposited which was your sibling.
2.gif
(long day)

I will say that those pics were worth waiting for. WOW!!!! Your sister is going to die when she sees this set. Way to go, Judy. You win the sis of the month award. (possibly the year)

I wonder if you could convince BIL that you need pics of her face when she sees it the first time.

shay
Yeah, thats what I''m talking about!
9.gif
It will be a priceless moment for sure
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/20/2007 7:02:42 PM
Author: Shay37
2.gif
(long day)

shay
I believe it is her brother-in-law''s wife, not her sister. She refers to her as a sister-in-law in another post. Must be her hubby''s brother.

Anyway, you did a fantastic job, Judy! Lucky girl to have you helping with this project!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well now, didn''t you go and put together quite a bargain. Very nice!!
36.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, well done! I can''t believe that''s an I1 - can''t see a single flaw, only lots of yummy arrows. It''s beautiful. Can''t wait to see handshots
36.gif

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
I have to say I am AMAZED at the gorgeous set you pulled together. I know it made you feel GREAT inside and as well it should! What a lucky couple they are to have you on their side! I just can''t believe the price - and what an astounding upgrade from a .25 stone. She''ll be totally overwhelmed, I bet! How exciting! When will this all take place? You really have to write an update afterward and maybe get some handshots.It would also be awesome to do a side-by-side comparison of her old set with this new blingy one -- if she wouldn''t mind, that is!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful upgrade! Your SIL will be stunned for sure!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Great job you did for your brother and sister in law (or is it sister and brother in law?) ! She is going to be thrilled!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results