shape
carat
color
clarity

Single Stone antique band restoration project!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cady

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I am relatively new here but wanted to post about my wonderful experience with Single Stone, and Ari in particular.

A few months ago, my mom gave me my great-grandmother''s wedding band for my July wedding. It was a wonderful gift in every respect, not the least of which is that it is exactly the style I''d have chosen anyway! The ring was in pretty rough shape though - several of the diamonds were badly chipped or broken, and the platinum had gotten all squashed down (not the technical term, but I''m not sure how to explain it otherwise. It looked like it was dripping down over the diamonds).

After reading all the fantastic reviews of Ari and Single Stone on here, I called him to see if anything could be done, and he told me to send it in so he could look at it. When it arrived in LA (17 days later!), he called to say that he didn''t think they could do anything because the platinum had worn as thin as foil, and that if they removed some to take out the broken diamonds, the whole ring would likely fall apart. I had worried that it wasn''t fixable but I think I sounded really disappointed because Ari said he would have his best bench jeweler look at it just in case. After feeding the jeweler a bit of a sob story, Ari called me back to say that a complete restoration was possible but very difficult!

I received the ring today and cannot believe how lovely it is. I don''t have any hand pics yet, but I do have Ari''s before and afters, so you can see what an incredible job the Single Stone jewelers did (and I promise hand pics are forthcoming!). They rebuilt the sides of the band and replaced the broken diamonds, but left in the ones that were intact or just a little chipped, as I requested - I love the reminder of my great-grandmother, who was a truly amazing woman! Ari wrote today, "I would put this in the top 10 most difficult restorations we have done. Your story made it worth while." He was just a joy to work with - he put me right at ease, which isn''t a small feat when you''ve sent a family heirloom all the way across the country to be restored.

Anyway, if I can figure this out, here are the pictures!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh gosh, cady, i hope you can get the photos up, i''m excited to see your ring

i purchased my setting from ari and i have nothing but good things to say as well, i''m glad that they were able to restore your cherished heirloom from your great grandmother
1.gif

Cady

Rough_Rock
The before:

restssbef8935.JPG

Cady

Rough_Rock
Yay, it worked! Thank you FickleFaye! Sorry this is taking so long!

Cady

Rough_Rock
Another before, where you can see some of the broken diamonds:

restssbef8936.JPG

Cady

Rough_Rock
And now, the after!

restssaft8964.JPG

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow, cady, it''s beautiful! enjoy!
30.gif

are you a singlestone addict too now?
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice work; I can see the metal is more smooth and even. Even the diamonds are lined up evenly.

Cady

Rough_Rock
Thanks again, FF! Yes, and I fear it will be an expensive addiction!

Thank you, Chrono! It is even lovelier in person - they did a beautiful job.

Cady

Rough_Rock
Ok, more after pictures!

restssaft8966.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Swaeet!!

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is an unbelieveable transformation - you must be over the moon with it!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Turned out fabulous!!!

Cady

Rough_Rock
This is the last one for now, and my favorite! I hope to have some hand shots up tomorrow. Thanks for looking!

restssaft8965.JPG

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a difference! It looks lovely and they did an amazing job.
36.gif

A restoration like this is well worth doing if it means that a lovely sentemental family peice can be worn and treasured for many more years to come.

Cady

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much, everyone! I am really thrilled with the way it turned out. 4ever, Ari told me that if I had worn it as it was, it wouldn''t have lasted a year of regular wear! It really was worth it, especially since the cost was totally reasonable.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow, what a difference! You have yourself a beautiful wedding band with sentimental value to boot!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 10:03:04 PM
Author: Cady
And now, the after!
oh good gosh, that is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, that is a transformation! Kudos to Ari!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. And timely. I have a band that is very similar my FMIL gave me and I''ve been wondering where to have it restored. Now I know. Congrats, and wear it in the best of health!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the restoration of this gorgeous ring is stunning.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it looks amazing, it is so nice that you can now wear your great grandmothers ring, that is so wonderful
36.gif

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
You must be so pleased with the ring Cady it looks fantastic, your Great Gran would be very happy that you are wearing it
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, it turned out amazing..

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow lovely!!!!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic restoration!!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Looks totally gorgeous!! And such a beautiful, sentimental piece too - now its good for another hundred years
36.gif
36.gif

Wear in good health, much love, and happiness always
1.gif
1.gif

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
Wow...you must be over the moon! It''s a fabulous restoration and a very special piece to have for your wedding.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your restoration project turned out great! You''re so lucky to have such a special piece. I love baguettes and feel like we don''t have enough on PS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results