shape
carat
color
clarity

Single Stone and/or Antique Setting Replicas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend and I recently went to Single Stone and found a few settings we love. The issue is of course, budget. The settings we really like are between 3K and 4K, which is a lot given our budget for the whole ring. Has anyone had a replica made of any Single Stone settings? Or has anyone had a replica made of a detailed edwardian style antique setting that they are happy with?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
With antique replicas you get what you pay for unfortunately. It will be hard to find a person that does work that is as good for a great deal less. If you don''t like simplified pave settings, my advice would be to get a plain termporary setting for now and sink your money into the stone. You can always get the the reset of your dreams for an anniversary present.

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
These are both good ideas, thank you. The anniversary idea is a good possibilty. The issue is that I want to love the ring (my ring!) from the start and I tend to like very detailed settings which come with a hefty price tag. I guess I''m just having a hard time deciding what is more important to me...a larger center stone or the setting I want. I had no idea this was going to be such a tough decision (but one I am thrilled to be making!).

Piglet9j7

Shiny_Rock
This is a great idea. It''s the stone that is the most important part - where the money is. If you are more interested in finding a ring as a whole, then why don''t you consider buying an antique?
Date: 3/16/2009 3:23:57 PM
Author: kcoursolle
With antique replicas you get what you pay for unfortunately. It will be hard to find a person that does work that is as good for a great deal less. If you don''t like simplified pave settings, my advice would be to get a plain termporary setting for now and sink your money into the stone. You can always get the the reset of your dreams for an anniversary present.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results