shape
carat
color
clarity

Single Prong Eternity band or 3/4

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

Im debating my wedding band and would love to know your thoughts on single prongs: eternity or 3/4.

I have gone to a few jewelers and everyone has a different opinion. I stayed until until 1AM searching on here too lol and wasn't able to find the answer I was looking for. For an everyday band (I am careful but it's life) is a single prong eternity band a bad idea? I have 1 eternity and 1 3/4 and I somehow always find the 3/4 facing metal side up - but there's an added sense of security that if I have to grab something quickly / accidentally hit something - its just metal. I would love to know feedback / thoughts for those that have a single prong!

Also - what style of engagement ring looks best? Would it be a paved band or solitaire? :) Thank you!

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Hi! My preference is always eternity as the metal showing on a 3/4 band bugs me. The type And style of band really depends On your ering...can you post a pic?

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Hi! My preference is always eternity as the metal showing on a 3/4 band bugs me. The type And style of band really depends On your ering...can you post a pic?

Me too! I just wasnt sure if single prong eternity was safe for everyday use. I know the setting of an eternity band determines how secure it is. I just worry if a single prong is secure enough for everyday use.

Here is my current engagement ring setting and trying on with a single prong band. Which I love but wasnt sure if maybe I do a different style of setting

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 8.49.04 AM.png I

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 8.49.39 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 8.49.39 AM.png

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Here are two that I like - but again not sure hah. I have a shared prong eternity band - but will not wear as my wedding band
Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 8.50.48 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 8.50.42 AM.png

Mountain mama

Rough_Rock
Hi Chicago123! Here is my wedding band. Seven stones and 1ctw total. It’s is from Memoire. I like it. I used to have the same style with smaller diamonds before I traded it with the one I have. As for security goes, I haven’t had any single incident of diamond falling out or anything! 07F3C575-C397-4758-8006-7BD9636FDF3D.jpeg Hope it helps!

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Hi Chicago123! Here is my wedding band. Seven stones and 1ctw total. It’s is from Memoire. I like it. I used to have the same style with smaller diamonds before I traded it with the one I have. As for security goes, I haven’t had any single incident of diamond falling out or anything! 07F3C575-C397-4758-8006-7BD9636FDF3D.jpeg Hope it helps!

I love this!! I feel like mine are smaller than when tried on in the store.

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
I had a pair of diamond earrings (poorly set in prongs and one fell out when I was (thankfully) looking at them). What if I reset my band to include them?

Would love everyones thoughts. Or does this overpower everything Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 12.11.01 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 12.11.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 12.11.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 12.11.23 PM.png

Im not sure the grade of the earrings (I think they are probably around .3 carats. I would make sure they are similar to match my center. At first glance its not terrible - they are set in yellow gold so its casting a different hue than my engagement ring

Carmensandiego31

Rough_Rock
When I was shopping for an engagement ring most jewelers did not recommend eternity bands for everyday wear. But that being said, if you love it then I say go for it just make sure it’s good quality and see what the jeweler offers in terms of care plans. Victor Canera is a designer that does hand forged rings and I think he does custom work so check him out and see what you think!
P.s I think your ring is beautiful! Loooooove the rose gold on you.

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
When I was shopping for an engagement ring most jewelers did not recommend eternity bands for everyday wear. But that being said, if you love it then I say go for it just make sure it’s good quality and see what the jeweler offers in terms of care plans. Victor Canera is a designer that does hand forged rings and I think he does custom work so check him out and see what you think!
P.s I think your ring is beautiful! Loooooove the rose gold on you.

Thats great advice! I think I would hesitant to do single prong eternity. I just dont know the durability - but my knuckles are larger than my fingers so :/

Thank you! I love love love gold haha

Carmensandiego31

Rough_Rock
Thats great advice! I think I would hesitant to do single prong eternity. I just dont know the durability - but my knuckles are larger than my fingers so :/

Thank you! I love love love gold haha

Hand forged is said to be superior in quality to a cast ring so it would help the durability. Single prong eternity bands are drool worthy and suuuuuuch good eye candy. I love them, but durability stops me from taking the plunge as well. If you’re too scared to wear a ring for fear of it breaking, then you’ll probably never wear it. At least that’s true for me. You could always just have it for days when you’re looking for a little more bling and then keep the e-ring simple for when you want a more minimal look. That three stone option sure is lovely though

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
Hand forged is said to be superior in quality to a cast ring so it would help the durability. Single prong eternity bands are drool worthy and suuuuuuch good eye candy. I love them, but durability stops me from taking the plunge as well. If you’re too scared to wear a ring for fear of it breaking, then you’ll probably never wear it. At least that’s true for me. You could always just have it for days when you’re looking for a little more bling and then keep the e-ring simple for when you want a more minimal look. That three stone option sure is lovely though

Thats honestly such a good point. Thank you for reminding me - its like my more expensive designer hand bags - I love to wear them but only occasionally because if something happens I would be very upset.

I think I will keep the 3/4 because the internal facing side is 18k solid gold. And to be honest, if even the stones turn over (disclaimer - A Jaffe makes bands really well for the most part - but for some reason after washing my hands my finger feels like it shrinks 3 sizes and my bands spin) Im a little nervous like "ahh did I accidentally hit it". I think that 100% answers my question - 3/4 it is

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely love the look of externality band but I wouldn’t get one personally. Main reason being the sizing issue. Our finger size does change due to pregnancies, weight gain & probably aging. I can’t stand the pressure of missing stones especially for daily wear, too.

I have 2 shared prong 7-stone bands (6pts each).
Gonna reset them into one single 3/4 band in near future (hopefully) when I upgrade my ER.

chicago123

Shiny_Rock
I definitely love the look of externality band but I wouldn’t get one personally. Main reason being the sizing issue. Our finger size does change due to pregnancies, weight gain & probably aging. I can’t stand the pressure of missing stones especially for daily wear, too.

I have 2 shared prong 7-stone bands (6pts each).
Gonna reset them into one single 3/4 band in near future (hopefully) when I upgrade my ER.

That's a good point! I think 3/4 is the safest - also knowing that everyday wear I go to my plain band haha

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Oops! Didn’t realize the typo :(
**eternity

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results