shape
carat
color
clarity

Single API for LG stock?

Jay Awley

Rough_Rock
Trade
Looking for a single API feed for retail website in LG specifically for new venture. Open to vendors individually but preferably a platform/marketplace with a range of stock. I know rap is not providing LG now, alternatives?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rarecarat is already doing (much of? all of?) the things you are looking for.

Jay Awley

Rough_Rock
Trade
Rarecarat is already doing (much of? all of?) the things you are looking for.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve been a part for this community for an hour and already feel the welcome. Looking forward to many thoughtful discussions.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your reply. I’ve been a part for this community for an hour and already feel the welcome. Looking forward to many thoughtful discussions.

Note that Rarecarat is an end-of-line retailer to the public.

If you are looking for a site that is compiling other vendors' offerings, so you can assess the competition and your own pricing, it could be useful.

If you are looking to understand Wholesale pricing and vendors, that's not something that (m)any of the 'prosumers' here will be able to comment on, and the Trade members may well not be willing and/or able to share 'trade secrets'.

Last edited:

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
@Jay Awley - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is nothing close to what you're seeking. Source: I'm a Stanford Computer Science with 8+ years in big data before starting Ada Diamonds, and I've spent 5+ years dealing with unreliable, inconsistent data feeds from lab diamond growers :razz:

@OoohShiny - RareCarat is not a retailer. They're an affiliate network company that takes a X% commission on sales they generate for retailers. (unless something changed after they unsuccessfully pitched me)

Jay Awley

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi there @Ada Diamonds CEO - thanks so much for your reply. I’ve been familiar with your company and appreciate the candid response. I’ve asked around now for a few days and a colleague (he is in NYC) tells me he is using a trading platform out of London called Nivoda. Apparently they do offer what I’ve inquired about with LG stock single API and even take ownership of quality checks and delivery. Will report back after I’ve had a call with the contact I’ve been referred to over there. Should be able to write something by Friday if not early next week.

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
My pleasure. Not many people in the trade even know what an API is, muchless can provide a reliable one. Even our best growers, that we do millions of dollars of business with every year, break our data feeds on a regular basis.

There are a few efforts to create what you're seeking, but they're all *aspirational* efforts AFAIK.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results