shape
carat
color
clarity

Simulated Idealscope on Fancies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ociopia

Rough_Rock
I see that Rich Sherwood and Rhino (probably others too) have the ability to calculate/create a simulated Idealscope image of rb''s after people post the stone''s info.

Can this be done for any of the fancy cuts?

Also - can the type of info on Sarin/OGI reports - the "top down" that shows the percentages of the facets, etc. - be done on any of the fancy cuts?

Thanks!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
I see that Rich Sherwood and Rhino (probably others too) have the
ability to calculate/create a simulated Idealscope image of rb's after
people post the stone's info.
Can this be done for any of the fancy cuts?
-----------

Although the DiamCalc program can generate a simulated IdealScope image for fancy cuts, I'm hesitant to post any, because they can easily be way off from the actual stone's performance because of all the variances you encounter in fancy cuts.

For example, a pearshape can have "blocky shoulders", but you would not know that by the measurments, and the DiamCalc program would generate an image of a pearshape with a nice symmetrical image. The difference would also be accentuated in the "blind" IdealScope simulated image.

It's probably for this reason that the software is not able to generate a Light Return Analysis for fancy cuts either. Only rounds.

-----------
Also - can the type of info on Sarin/OGI reports - the "top down" that
shows the percentages of the facets, etc. - be done on any of the
fancy cuts?
-----------

Garry or Rhino are more familiar with the machines and could answer this better for you.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just downloaded this full 3D Sarin file from Rapnet, converted it to a DiamCalc file (only possible from the latest Sarin Software) and whammo - here is what this stone looks like thru an Ideal-Scope.
Took 3 minutes flat.

I have no idea where the stone is, I know who owns it or is the agent for it. It is probably being graded - it is 1.32ct I I1 according to its owner. If you like it it is yours for $3215
1.gif

The diamond world is going to change because of DiamCalc!

RapnetPrincess.jpg

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Yes, with the Sarin data directly downloaded into the DiamCalc program you can get accurate IdealScope images.

I agree that DiamCalc is going to change the way business is done in the diamond world. The internet is such an efficient way to shop and buy. Diamcalc combined with IdealScope is going to take a lot of the guess work out of buying, both for dealers and consumers.

I equate it to the impact that GIA certs first had on the industry. Diamonds became much more understandable and quantifiable after the advent of a solid certificate. It helped take a lot of guess work out of the equation. DiamCalc and IdealScope are taking even more guess work out of the equation.

It's an awesome combination which I believe dealers and the public are going to run with once they become educated to it's value.

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry,
I know better prince.
It was cut in Moscow.
1.gif

ISRealPrince.jpg

ociopia

Rough_Rock
Garry and Richard:

"Yes, with the Sarin data directly downloaded into the DiamCalc program you can get accurate IdealScope images." (quoting RS).

Okay - I can see how that could work with a square stone, but how about an asscher or flanders or regent, where the shape is different and probably impossible to enter into your software?

Example: Here is a 1.150 carat regent, 6.17 x 6.17 dimensions,
Depth 64.9%
CA - 37.7 - 39.0%
CH - 9.1 - 9.9%
PA - 41.1 - 40.7%
PD - 43 - 42.9%
Table 73.5% (4.53 mm)
Girdle - 12.7 - 12.1%
Topdown: Table -0.8%, Culet 0.3

Can you input that info and come up with a simulation?

ociopia

Rough_Rock
Serg:

I am only guessing, but when Garry said " it is 1.32ct I I1 according to its owner. If you like it it is yours for $3215" about the princess simulation he posted, I don't think he was saying that it looked to be a fantastic light return (like the absolutely gorgeous one you posted.)

I believe he might have been referring to prior posts of mine saying I had wanted big and nicely cut and would sacrifice clarity and color and had therefore ended up with a 1.15 regent, I color, I1 clarity. At least that is what makes sense to me from his comment.

Now if the gorgeous princess you posted is also "those specs and that price" - then I will bet money that a line is forming out the door right now!

Best,
lickout.gif

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ociopia ,
It is o.45 ct only.
I do not sell and grade any diamond.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You missunderstand Oicipia.
These stones were not created as Rhino and /rich have been doing them - from manually entered daata.
This is a full 3D Sarin scan someone did somewhere. i downloaded a file of this scan and entered the file (not the data) directly into the DC program with an import function.
Note the corner on the lower left appears to have been chipped when polishing, and also the poosr symmetry. The stone is diagonal becaause that is the way it was sitting (x,z fererence) on the stage of the Sarin machine.
It is not a great stone - it was the 1st I found.

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 2/27/2003 12:48:35 PM Cut Nut wrote:

This is a full 3D Sarin scan someone did somewhere. i downloaded a file of this scan and entered the file (not the data) directly into the DC program with an import function.
----------------
Only Garry example is 3D Sarin scan.
My example is PaCor scan.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results