shape
carat
color
clarity

Simply Sapphires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Hi! Has anyone purchased from Simply Sapphires, and what was your experience?
Did you find the color to be pretty true to what was pictured?
Their photos are beautiful, and their prices seem very good, but I haven''t read many people''s experiences.
Thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 10:02:37 PM
Author:TanDogMom
Their photos are beautiful, and their prices seem very good, but I haven''t read many people''s experiences.
Thanks!
I did, I purchased a lovely cushion cut sapphire with diamond cushion sides. I had been looking at this ring for a while. I talked to Steven Bliss on the phone, telling me how amazing the sapphire was. He said pics don''t do it justice. I got it, and was floored, it''s one of the nicest sapphires I have ever seen. And I have seen many. So I give them an A+.
Good luck, and in the mean time, do a search on them , thinking there should be many threads about them.
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 10:19:28 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 7/1/2008 10:02:37 PM

Author:TanDogMom

Thanks!
I did, I purchased a lovely cushion cut sapphire with diamond cushion sides. I had been looking at this ring for a while. I talked to Steven Bliss on the phone, telling me how amazing the sapphire was. He said pics don''t do it justice. I got it, and was floored, it''s one of the nicest sapphires I have ever seen. And I have seen many. So I give them an A+.

Good luck, and in the mean time, do a search on them , thinking there should be many threads about them.
1.gif

Thanks Kaleigh! I did a quick search, and I learned that MustangGirl was very happy with her purchase. I read that a lot of people had heard good things, but I did not find too many first hand accounts.

Anyway, I am so happy to hear that you love your sapphire! I know you have superb taste so that means a whole lot coming from you!

I have tried to contact them a few times recently and had trouble reaching anyone. I will keep trying back!

Thanks again.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Wait wait wait... Kaleigh, another question for you - could you be thinking of The Natural Sapphire Company? I just searched old threads and I see Steven Bliss''s name connected with them, and also some references to you getting your beautiful sapphire from there?

Thanks very much for clarifying...

I have been on NSC''s website every day, and they have beautiful stones as well!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, yes she was thing of NSC, that is where she purchased her ring. I think Irina purchased her color change sapphire from them. Not sure who else did though.

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok how dumb am I?? Yes I meant NSC, must have hit the trigger too quickly. It happens....
5.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 1:07:59 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Ok how dumb am I?? Yes I meant NSC, must have hit the trigger too quickly. It happens....
5.gif

Oh, no worries Kaleigh!

Thanks Linda for reminding me about Irina''s sapphire!

I am hoping to hear some recent reviews of simply sapphires - I am really liking what I see on their site, but would feel a lot more confident if fellow PSers are happy!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have looked at their sapphires too, but from their pictures it is hard to tell. I think they will send them to you though to look at.

Linda

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I purchased a green chrysoberyl from them and was happy with what I received. I didn''t have any questions about the purchase so I don''t know what they''re like to interact with though. I''d certainly buy from them again.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Linda - they do allow returns within 10 days, but I hate dealing with mailing and returns and all.

Kismet, Thank you! I am so glad to hear that you had a good experience!! I was just looking at a green chrysoberyl photo other day - what a cool stone!!!
By the way how quickly was your purchase shipped to you?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I don''t recall exactly but it wasn''t long. It probably took around 3-4 days to get to me as I didn''t ask for overnight shipping or anything like that.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again Kismet!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
So i just ordered my sapphire! I hope that I love it! Justin was really helpful in answering my questions. Here is what I ordered:

My sapphire

Does anyone see anything to be concerned about? I have been assured that it's a finger print, not big inclusion in the top right.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful to me. Love the color. How are you going to set it??

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Linda! I''d like to set it in a delicate halo or Tiffany Legacy Style!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that will be gorgeous!!!!!! I can''t wait to see it.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Linda! I hope the stone will be everything I''m hoping for - and then I won''t feel too bad splurging on the setting! Thanks for all of your help. i''ll report back and let you know what I think when it arrives!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be looking forward to it. I bet you can''t wait to receive it.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Linda,

I really am looking forward to it!

You know a ton about sapphs - seriously, are there any red flags - anything to be on the lookout for when it arrives, based on the pics? Extinction, things like that?
Thanks again-

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty color. I like the bit of purple that you can see in the blue.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to complete this thread with a review of simply sapphires.

I identified about 6 stones that looked like they might work for me. I called Simply, and my call was returned within a few days. It seemed from my attempts to contact them, that they are not always at the office during normal business hours, but they are good about checking their messages and emails - it just may not be instantaneous. I found that they had the best inventory of cushion cut blue sapphires, the best prices, and the best photos of any other website I looked at.

The person I spoke with pulled the stones I had identified and helped me narrow to two that seemed like a good match for my preferences. He spent about 30 minutes on the phone with me and was very helpful. I decided to order the less expensive stone, see what I thought, and then if it did not work, exchange for the other.

They worked with me to send me the stone at a convenient time for me. It arrived promptly and was very nice. After thinking about it a few days and examining the sapphire in different lighting conditions, I realized that it was darker than what I prefer. It was a nice stone and a very good value, but not what I ultimately wanted.

I got back in touch and inquired about exchanging for a stone with lighter color, and I asked about some stones that had gone on sale in the meantime. At that time I was told (by a different individual) it was not cost effective for them to keep going back and forth with me with questions, shipping and returns. The exchange seemed gruff, but it is hard to tell the tone of email. I was disappointed, because I am quite sure that they have stones in their inventory that would have worked well for me. However, I am a consumer that has questions and may need a bit of handholding and explaining while making a big purchase. Anyway, I returned the sapphire (at my expense) and was promptly issued a refund, with no hassle.

In conclusion, the prices are very good at Simply and they have a great selection. If you know what you want and can select it without requiring too much of their time, I do recommend shopping with them. If you require more help like I do, they may not be the vendor to go with. They handled my concerns professionally within a timely manner, so I do not have any complaints. However, considering the kind of consumer that I am, I do not expect that I will purchase from them again, and I say that with regret because I really admire much of their merchandise.

Overall, it cost me about $30 in shipping to view the stone, and I am glad that I did. I am also glad that I returned it and I am looking forward to continuing my search.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results