shape
carat
color
clarity

Simple bezel / floral 2 ct solitaire reset

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Not long ago I posted about a reset after a surprising and intense sensitivity to prongs! I didn't name the vendor because I didn't want to come off as critical or bashing before the issue was resolved - Ivy and Rose was the vendor, and after trying to fix problematic prongs (posting here https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-e-ring-prongs-need-tips.253002/#post-4643952), they kept being an issue and snagging, and I decided to have the remade in a bezel setting and I am OVER THE MOON. I should have gone with a bezel in the first place - but now I know and I won't make the same mistake again!

Here is the inspiration I sent to Ivy and Rose, I asked for a tweaks (low set as possible, narrower bezel, milgrain, 2mm comfort fit band, 14k unplated white gold, size 7.5):
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chris-erd-is-setting-my-transitional.178155/
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-gold-milgrain-bezel-setting-from-erd.176615/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/got-me-a-fiancé-my-oec-in-an-18k-rose-gold-bezel-by-erd.194098/

They turned it around within a few weeks during the busy holiday season and executed exactly what I wanted. It's perfect - and I am so pleased with the end result I can't stop staring at my hand. It is so comfortable, and I think it makes the diamond look even better! Now I get to start thinking about a band!

It really is such a fun chameleon of a diamond, fiery and full of personality, taking on all sorts of colors - it is just what I wanted!!! for a refresher: Early round brilliant, M color, SI1 clarity and 2.01 carats. Sorry if some of the photos aren't the best!

IMG-0084.jpg IMG-0081.jpg IMG-0124.jpg

IMG-0096.jpg IMG-0088.jpg
IMG-0116.jpg IMG-0098.jpg IMG-0118.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-0097.jpg
    IMG-0097.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG-0098 (1).jpg
    IMG-0098 (1).jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG-0125.jpg
    IMG-0125.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Love it! I was thinking about seeing if DK could make mine something like this (mine has prongs). I’ve come to really love bezels.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Love it! I was thinking about seeing if DK could make mine something like this (mine has prongs). I’ve come to really love bezels.

Thank you!!! <3

I am pleased as punch with mine and would never go back to prongs with this diamond now! It makes the diamond feel more "secure" and comfortable to me - it is the biggest diamond I have worn - I also think it is a fun way to play with color for a lower color stone (ie play up or down a color) - the unplated white gold makes the diamond look more ivory vs light yellow to me, which i am very happy with

DK has some gorgeous bezels just like this on his IG - he was my backup if my vendor didn't work out!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
That turned out soooooo beautiful!! I'm such a huge bezel fan myself. I'm currently on the fence with my new setting, kind of love a certain design that has prongs but wrestling with my love of bezels. They are so easy to wear! Your saga has me leaning towards the comfort and ease of a bezel.
I'm so glad I&R was able to make this for you, it is the perfect setting for your yummy stone!

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
I love bezels! Yours is beautiful. I find them timeless, graceful, and practical. Your ring is especially pretty from the side. Enjoy!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah this is so perfect now! Love it

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this!!!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
That is so gorgeous.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
That is a lovely bezel and looks like the perfect size on your finger! I don’t mind prongs but I tried a bezel with my avatar ring and I am in love. They really are so comfortable and easy to wear. Especially if you are working with a larger stone.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! The lovely setting really does your beautiful stone justice.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. Bezel settings are my favourite.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I came back to look again. This is so beautiful I had to admire it a second time.

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
I went bezel and never go back To prongs. The last 3 rings i have made are all bezel.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I came back to look again. This is so beautiful I had to admire it a second time.

I am so flattered! I saw your setting listed on LT - you walking to the bezel side with that gorgeous light brown stone of yours? :lickout::love:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
That is a lovely bezel and looks like the perfect size on your finger! I don’t mind prongs but I tried a bezel with my avatar ring and I am in love. They really are so comfortable and easy to wear. Especially if you are working with a larger stone.

Exactly! The comfort is a game changer! Your avatar ring is stunning

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
That turned out soooooo beautiful!! I'm such a huge bezel fan myself. I'm currently on the fence with my new setting, kind of love a certain design that has prongs but wrestling with my love of bezels. They are so easy to wear! Your saga has me leaning towards the comfort and ease of a bezel.
I'm so glad I&R was able to make this for you, it is the perfect setting for your yummy stone!

Thank you so much! Good luck with your decision - I know it is a tricky call to make and entirely a personal preference! Keep me posted on what you decide! I would love to see the end result

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I am so flattered! I saw your setting listed on LT - you walking to the bezel side with that gorgeous light brown stone of yours? :lickout::love:

Bezel and 3 stone. I might put her back in her old setting. I figured I’d contact DK after the new year since he’s probably incredibly busy.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I went bezel and never go back To prongs. The last 3 rings i have made are all bezel.

totally with you! I never envision getting a ring with prongs again after this experience!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It turned out perfect, & glad you are so happy with the outcome!

It's wonderful to see a vender turn around and fix the situation so it works for YOU. Kudo's to Ivy & Rose, for working out the situation so positively. Unfortunately, not all of them do!

Congrats--your diamond & ring are beautiful!! :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, and it looks beautiful on you! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results