shape
carat
color
clarity

Simple bar-set tapered baguette setting ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaRocque

Rough_Rock
Any idea where I can find a traditional bar setting with tapered baguette sidestones in Yellow Gold, similar to this setting by Vatche:

http://www.dvatche.com/eclipse/new_catalouge1.htm

But without the Vatche pricetag (which, BTW, is $3,000+) ...

Any suggestions are appreciated ... Thanks in advance.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mm, which ring, exactly?

LaRocque

Rough_Rock
Oops ... thought I had posted the link.

It''s described as: "3 stone classic/open gallery shank/RB center, side baguettes"

I know Martin Flyer makes a similar setting in platinum, which I believe is based on a classic Harry Winston setting with tapered side baguettes.

Also very similar to this setting by WhiteFlash:

http://www.whiteflash.com/jewelry_gallery/three%20stone%20rings/i_0655-004.jpg.aspx

Except I don''t like the knife-edge, and my GF prefers yellow gold. PLUS, I really need a great price so I can create the ring with the center stone I''ve already selected.

Thanks!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
617-b.gif

LR, this ring, by Vatche, goes for $1628 in 18K gold

THIS at WF is $1685 in plat. Call for pricing in gold.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Have you asked WF what it would cost to make that ring in YG without a knife edge? I would start there, and then call other vendors (GOG, James Allen) and see what prices they can offer you. A tapered baguette setting is classic, so it won''t be hard getting prices on custom and stock settings.
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds pretty straight forward... I wouldn''t worry much about finding a baguette setting off the rack when every catalog of semi-finished jewelry parts contains the ''ingredients''. It isn''t quite ''custom'' work assembling them (''guess a degree of it) and you should get something of the sort. The finish of the piece will ultimately depend on who puts the parts together - but this being a simple deign, perhaps your task of finding the right jeweler for the job is not that difficult after all.

If you already know which stone is the lucky one, asking the same seller to make the ring for you may reduce both logistics and uncertainty (e.g. what happens if the diamond gets damaged during setting and who knows what else).

Anyway, if the seller of the diamond does not assemble settings on order, it gets a bit more complicated. But ... why not.

One thing about the settings at signed pieces I am not crazy about is their use of four small baguettes instead of two larger ones.. the tiny baguettes often are not so well cut and really look like chips. The ''thin baguette'' syndrome is so wide spread, I would rather not trust stock pictures all that much.

Speaking of gold... a ring like fitted for a pear not around center is $330 at Wink''s (link) and a nicer ''three stone'' thing assembled for a fancy square cut and sapphires about $1100 (link). If they can put the same detail-obsessed finish on your ring... good for you. I think the ring in the picture belongs to a Pricescoper, btw.
5.gif
Now, it may be that neither number includes the cost of the baguettes, but that would not be an arm and a leg, unless the ring is intended to amass quite some quantity of carbon in the end.

The same place sells some very cute diamonds, of course... but if you already have yours, I would think settings are also made on order as a separate thing.

Just and idea

Best of luck!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results