shape
carat
color
clarity

Simon G Setting Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

madabess

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am looking into the Simon G NR109 setting and I am trying to find out if the company will make adjustments to their setting. I am specifically interested in changing the channel set princess stones from diamond to light blue sapphires. Please let me know if you have had any experience with this company making changes.
Thanks,
Mara

madabess

Rough_Rock
Attaching pic of the setting

SG00NR109WJRD-2T.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many designers can tweak their design a little, but I can''t guarantee if you are working with an authorize dealer, I would at least inquire. I know a few designers that I wanted to work with like Scott Kay and Sholdt, I asked to tweak the design a little like changing prongs to double prongs or raising the diamond a little or so, and they were more than accomodating. So you''re not even asking to change the "structure" just the stones, and I don''t see why that would be a problem at all.

madabess

Rough_Rock
Thanks DT - My jeweller has not been very responsive so I was looking for anyones personal experience. I guess I will try again.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2009 6:38:11 PM
Author: madabess
Thanks DT - My jeweller has not been very responsive so I was looking for anyones personal experience. I guess I will try again.
can you go to a different jeweler that carries Simon G? or do you prefer to work with him? there are many jeweler online that would be happy to go the distance and communicate with Simon G to make it work for you.

BAM54321

Rough_Rock
I am currently working through an authorized dealer to have a Simon G ring modified (TR 160). The modification involves changing the setting to accomodate a heart shaped stone. It will require that they reshape the halo to fit the heart (the normal setting is designed to fit a round). They did strongly suggest that I send the stone to them to set so that they have control of the finished product. I would think they they could accomodate what you are trying to do and would likely adjust the price accordingly.

madabess

Rough_Rock
I live in a smaller town so I don''t have any other options and the next closest is about an 8 hour drive. I have started to reach out to some online retailers but the ones I hear most often on this site don''t seem to carry Simon G. Any recommendations?

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
I have that exact setting- it is really gorgeous in person. It''s designed to hold a round diamond but I wanted a princess cut center stone. What I did was purchase the setting and have my local jeweler change the prongs to double prongs that would hold a princess cut stone. That was a fairly easy modification. Perhaps you can contact a different jeweler who carries Simon G if yours is not being helpful and they can find out about switching the side diamonds out or let you know if they can do that themselves before you purchase the setting. There are a lot of good reviews on jewelers here who are very helpful, if you don''t mind purchasing the setting not in person, ie on-line, via phone etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results