shape
carat
color
clarity

Simon G Mosaic--who can make this?

DC519

Rough_Rock
First off, I know this is NOT everyone's cup of tea. And that's okay. I have taken a strong lover to the Simon G Mosaic MR2021, but I want to modify a few things on the shank and under gallery. Can anyone recommend a jeweler who is skilled in this type of setting or is it just safe to bite the bullet on it as is? I also would love to have some input in the type of center emerald cut and maybe go a little larger.

Link: http://www.arthursjewelers.com/product/simon-g-mr2021-preset-rings-18k---white-gold-diamond-engagement-ring?gclid=COHX0tu06MgCFY09gQodMBADAw

6bc295d9c03d1e4ef4e045e0c9fa1cd2.jpg
d1cc4025ee97fd7a86f0cfe84de46c3a.jpg

If anyone can recommend a skilled jeweler who can make it look like this but with my few modifications, I would greatly appreciate it!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay - is just the setting $26k? There is no info about the center diamond but it does say 'pre-set'.

What is your budget? Any of the higher end PS vendors would be able to make it, but not sure how much you are willing to spend. It would be starting around $5k. There are some other recommended vendors that might be more within budget if you aren't looking to spend quite that much .

DC519

Rough_Rock
Hi! Yes, less money spent is always better! I just love the miligran detailing and how blended the mosaic/cluster looks (as opposed to those defined lines)
Do you have any vendors you could recommend?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Brilliantly engaged could do a very nice job on this. You can also reach out to David Klass. For the budget ones.

Victor Canera or Leon Mege are rec'd for the high end. I've never used either, but lots of reviews (and photos) of their work is available on PS.

DC519

Rough_Rock
Yes, I have a feeling VC and Leon Mege would be way more than 25 (worth it for sure!) but would love to spend less. I will reach out to Brilliantly Engaged and David Klass.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think that VC would be that much more than $5K. The link shows a setting that does not have a halo. It's a bezeled center with two sided pave on the split shank, right? What does the basket look like?

I got a VC, non-halo, but with pave on the basket and shank for well under $5K. That was me a year ago. Just saying it wouldn't hurt to give Victor a call. He's very nice and no-pressure at all.

He doesn't have a bezel with split shank on his site. Maybe he'll name the setting after you. ;-) And if you source the stone through him, you get a discount on the setting.

And since you're gonna be tweaking anyway, may I suggest the two splits curved a little more? Thus the gap is less pronounced and the center is emphasized more? Hope you don't mind. Just my 2c. Btw, the setting is gorgeous for a big step cut.

DC519

Rough_Rock
Do you think he could do the mosaic setting and make it look like this? Im sorry, I never worked with any of the above vendors!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJ - it's also 2 or 3 sided pave. That's where I thought some of the extra cost could come in. Not a regular pave split shank.

But I also err on the side that a quote is a quote, it doesn't take much time to follow up and then you can choose the best person with your budget and piece in mind!

eta - nevermind, I see that you already commented on that :oops: I shall try to read better next time!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DC519|1446150319|3943591 said:
Do you think he could do the mosaic setting and make it look like this? Im sorry, I never worked with any of the above vendors!

DC, he could make it look even better! Did you look up his thread? His work is stunning. If you had one IRL, you would stare at it all day. And you can choose the type of melee you want too. I would suggest single cut. ;-) And you can decide how you want the basket to look too, and specify where you want melee, and where you don't. For a big rock like that, you may as well go all out.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1446150501|3943592 said:
LLJ - it's also 2 or 3 sided pave. That's where I thought some of the extra cost could come in. Not a regular pave split shank.

But I also err on the side that a quote is a quote, it doesn't take much time to follow up and then you can choose the best person with your budget and piece in mind!

eta - nevermind, I see that you already commented on that :oops: I shall try to read better next time!

np. True, 2 sided but I could be wrong.

OP, when you start looking at the details, and if you like Victor's work enough, you may decide somethings that you wanted are not crucial, and somethings that you would NEVER think you would want, you actually do.

This is his bezel.

And see how his split shank in this particular ring is not so pronounced, and doesn't happen until you get closer to the stone? But that is just a personal preference. He has some where it splits a lot sooner on the shank.

Anyway, have fun with it. Calling him and talking to him is free. And if you're considering $4K-$5K for a setting, if you're going to spending that much, may as well consider the best.

vc_bezel_sapphire.jpg

vc_split.jpg

DC519

Rough_Rock
Oh, wow sapphire! Stop it! hah!

Thank you! And yes, I agree on budget. I wish I could drop major $$ and get one EC/Krupps stone that size, maybe one day! I think that's what I like about this mosaic setting, the diamonds aren't as defined and it does look and sparkly cohesively comparable to on big diamond vs. seeing all the spaces that are common in cluster rings.

I will reach out to all of the above with my idea and will report back which one I choose.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Exciting project! Looking forward to hearing about what you decide. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results