shape
carat
color
clarity

Silver Ring identification

craigsam

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

New here :) I'm a detectorist and recently found this Silver Ring. Our local beach had been washed out by some high tides and bad weather so took advantage of that to detect n the washouts. Found this ring, it was quite crusty but flaked off and cleaned up OK. I've been trying to date the ring from the hallmarks but I just keep going around in circles. I'm hoping someone here may be able to shed some light on a year?

Regards, Craig.

IMG_5645.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice find!
The style looks like late Victorian, 1880s to 1900. This is just my guess.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a great find
lets bump this

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi All,

New here :) I'm a detectorist and recently found this Silver Ring. Our local beach had been washed out by some high tides and bad weather so took advantage of that to detect n the washouts. Found this ring, it was quite crusty but flaked off and cleaned up OK. I've been trying to date the ring from the hallmarks but I just keep going around in circles. I'm hoping someone here may be able to shed some light on a year?

Regards, Craig.

IMG_5645.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

The first part stands for Sterling Silver, the second however may stand for Movado. Although well known for watches, they did produce some silver pieces and date back to the late 1800's. The hands may be some kind of Claddagh though. I can't find specifically holding orbs anywhere. It looks faith based though :)

craigsam

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for responding. I've had a member on a Facebook group comment with confidence that it is Birmingham 1861. I will continue to investigate but am happy with that as a possibility.

Regards, Craig.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results