shape
carat
color
clarity

silver polish?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
will silver polish hurt garnet/peridot? I have a lot of silver jewelry and I would like to clean the tarnish-y, dull bits off it, but have been afraid of corroding or otherwise hurting the stones.

Ideas?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wear a lot of silver but i wear most if so often it doesn''t need polishing...very big heavy silver though. when/if i clean i will use a jewelers cloth.......

movie zombie

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainbow, I use a polishing cloth on my pieces set with turquoise that shouldn''t be "dipped." I don''t mind the nooks and crannies being dark, because I think it adds character to the pieces. A tip--after you''ve polished your sterling pieces, zip them into plastic bags to keep the air from them as leaving them out in the open will cause them to tarnish. You could ask your jeweler or even a mall store if they have any extra little plastic bags that they receive their jewelry in. I used to work at a department store and would always ask for their plastic baggies, they are smaller than zip-locs, and that way you can seal up your individual pieces so there''s no danger of them scratching each other.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would be better to use a silver polishing cloth like Movie Zombie and Monarch said. I also keep my sterling silver jewelry in little (jeweler''s) "ziploc" style plastic bags-they work great!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I shall try this--but what is this polishing cloth you speak of and where can I get one?

thanks!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainbow, you can get a polishing cloth pretty much anywhere fine jewelry is sold, or online...I used to get a two-sided one from jcpenney''s, one side was for sterling and the other for gold/precious metals.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results