shape
carat
color
clarity

Silver moissy ring arrived marked au750

Scotopal

Rough_Rock
Thanks - wasn't quite sure what that stamp meant...

Cristina Hernandez

Rough_Rock
Ok I can’t understand why no jewelers can identify this metal. Acid tests is a scratch test, you rub the ring band against the scratch pad and it leaves a mark with that metal on the pad and the acid solution goes on the pad not the ring so I am confused about your worry about ruining the band. Furthermore when in doubt there’s a handy peice of equipment most jewelers should have called a hand held spectrometer! That basically is like an x ray of the metal and can tell you every component the metal is made of and what it is. This is because , I believe that there are some extremely heavily gold plated items that were so heavily plated that when scratched on the acid scratch pad, it left enough gold to test pure so jewelers today needed a more secure way of identifying metals for big chains, rings and the like. Like I said, I don’t know where you are going to get your ring tested but perhaps look up a certified gemologist in the area since these jewelers you’ve seen have not the tools to test your ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results