shape
carat
color
clarity

Silver as a spacer band between platinum and gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''m almost positive this has been addressed before (it has to have been!), but my searches are coming up empty, and I''m not seeing anything in the Helpful Posts thread ... so I''m hoping that either someone will point me to an appropriate thread, or that this will become THAT THREAD.
34.gif

So. My husband recently bought me a gorgeous channel set WG band - estate from Signed Pieces. I love this thing! It is sparkly and beautiful. The only thing is ... it was listed as a size 6.75, but it''s a size 5.75. This isn''t a problem, per se: when we ordered it, I was thinking I could wear it on my middle finger, but this way I can stack.

Two problems, though: one, my wedding set is platinum, and two, I''m the kinda gal whose fingers fluctuate in size. Soooo ... for stacking purposes, I''m figuring this isn''t a big deal: my w-band is comfort fit, and shouldn''t grind against the channel set band if I stack. But, if I decide to wear my platinum e-ring with the WG eternity band on days when my fingers are plump enough that I only want to wear two rings (and to make one of them sparkly), I want to avoid damaging my e-ring setting. Will it be safe to use a silver spacer until I find a thin-thin-thin platinum band in its stead?

Thanks, guys, and apologies for my lack of tech savviness ....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any metal "grinding" between another will cause wear...the only time rings worn together will not damage each other is if there is a point of solder so there is nothing moving/"grinding".

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2008 4:06:52 AM
Author: monarch64
Any metal ''grinding'' between another will cause wear...the only time rings worn together will not damage each other is if there is a point of solder so there is nothing moving/''grinding''.
Thanks Monnie, I was wondering the answer too!
35.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, Monarch64! I''m not a fan of soldering rings together (too fond of mixing and matching and switching from hand to hand). I guess I''ll take my chances.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results