shape
carat
color
clarity

Silly question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone, I have seen various rings posted with either a "brushed" "satin" or "matte" finish. My questions are: Are these the same type of finish, and, how long, on average does the finish last? I just love your ring, wallermama! I think getting it done in the satin finish changed it''s looks completely.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 9:55:52 PM
Author:Çã†hër§
hi everyone, I have seen various rings posted with either a ''brushed'' ''satin'' or ''matte'' finish. My questions are: Are these the same type of finish, and, how long, on average does the finish last? I just love your ring, wallermama! I think getting it done in the satin finish changed it''s looks completely.
My understanding is that "brushed" and "satin" are the same (look at Pricescope header
9.gif
- that''s it).
"Matte" can be called "sand" finish too and does not have those long groves, just tiny pits.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the lightening fast reply Pricescope! Do you know how long approx. either finish will last? Thanks!

35.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I have heard from jewelers that satin is pretty stable, scratches are not as visible as on high polish.
But platinum and gold behave differently according to their properties.
Maybe someone wearing such rings for some time will tell us how they hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results