shape
carat
color
clarity

Silly Question but please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcboeckl

Rough_Rock
Ok I went to a Baily Banks & Bittle yesterday and they were having some sort of a engagment ring show. Although I didn't plan on buying from them I wanted to see some rings in person.

Anyways I found a ring that I really really liked but I walked out of there without figuring out what type it actually was. Now I really would like to explain this design to my Jewler (Whom I will purchase from) but I don't know how I should describe it without drawing a picture. Maybe you all can help so bear with me! :)

6 prong mount
Platinum Ring
Double Width
Had Channel Mounted Princess cut stones (Built into the ring not mounted on prongs)

One thing that I really liked was that the stones weren't just set in a flat line. Maybe there were like 4 sets of Princess cut stones 2X2 then raised a level and another 2x1 on each side.

I can't find a picture of this anywhere and it would really help if I could....anyone have a clue?

Does this make sense at all?

Thanks in advance!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It sounds like the ring had a wide shouldered shank that had 4 rows on princess cuts on each side, down the finger.
A raised center section of 2x2 two rows, and then a sigle row outside this on both sides of it, 2x1 also in a row down the finger. I suppose the center stones were possibly invisibly set at the center between the stones and the rest were all channel set.

This is not all that uncommon. Somewhere on the I'net, there is a similar ring....

jcboeckl

Rough_Rock
Yes it sounds like you know exactly what I'm speaking of!

Thanks for the help! i'll keep looking!

jcboeckl

Rough_Rock
ACTUALLY I TAKE THAT BACK....NO:

Let me try again! I tried to call the store back but the show was over and they had no clue what I was talking about?

Say there are 4 Pairs of small Princess Cut side(on each side) stones embedded into the ring. The pair is stacked leading down the finger. The last pair of side stones closest to the Center Stone is raised slightly.

It actually looks very similar to this picture! Except the last pair of stones(closes to the center) are raised up a level! The side stones blend better and almost look like a single stone (baggette type), and its not as thick height wise. It was very unique and a nice smooth setting.

http://www.platinum-diamond.com/photosabcy18002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results