shape
carat
color
clarity

Silly amethyst questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babyness

Rough_Rock
I love amethysts and I have been wearing one on my left hand for ages, that my now fiancee has given me... oh like 12 years ago.
Finally have the engagement ring, but now I am thinking to myself... I am going to miss my amethyst. It''s YG and I honestly feel truthfully the ring should be "retired." I would definitely like an upgrade and maybe something in white gold to match the engagement ring in white gold.
I am thinking a simple princess cut with a pave setting. Honestly, I have no idea what size stone I want yet, maybe 2 cts??
Now, I guess my questions are these:
1)Do I treat this like I was going to buy the engagement ring all over again - picking out individual stones (really like the Four peaks color), individual setting and have my jeweler make it?

2)Is there someone reputable online that sells amethyst rings already put together? especially amethyst that are not synthetic?

3)If I do buy the stone separately from an online vendor, from the recs. on this site for colored gemstones sites, I have noticed that the online vendors don''t seem to carry smaller stones in princess cuts... maybe it is just their stock right now or maybe I am not looking in the right place. I see stones 5 cts, 10 cts and 15cts and upward - that is way too big for me and for what I want in this particular ring. I imagine they can help me find one? Is there anybody you would rec. in particular?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gary at www.diamondexpert.com for the 4 peaks stone and get a quote from his designer on the ring.
Gary rocks

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a lovely barion (asscher shape with brilliant style facets) from Dan Stair. It''s just a touch under 4cts. He has a lot of amethyst rough. Whats your budget?

babyness

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 12:39:18 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I have a lovely barion (asscher shape with brilliant style facets) from Dan Stair. It''s just a touch under 4cts. He has a lot of amethyst rough. Whats your budget?

I would like to spend no more than $500.00 on the stone and setting.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My amethyst was around $150 and it's really big. What style of ring would you like? Barry Bridgestock has some gorgeous amethysts...Artistic colored stones. He doesn't often cut princesses though...

ETA: no princesses (and really that's going to have to be custom cut, because it's hard to get the same effects with the different qualities in other stones versus a diamond). You may need to try for another shape. Barry's Amethysts He doesn't have any right now--the cushions are 10 and 6 carats...

babyness

Rough_Rock
I would like to use this as an almost everyday rhr ring, so the size of 10cts & 6cts might be a little large for an everday ring, imho. I want something along the lines like this - just to give you an idea.
I am not sure if I like the setting or not, but it''s around the style I am thinking of anyways.
Do you think $500.00 is doable? or should I up the ante?

33754469.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s doable. The only thing that might throw a wrench in the budget are side stones. You might try emailing Barry and Dan to see what they can do for you.

Doesn''t matter about the cushions from Barry, they were sold anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results