shape
carat
color
clarity

Signed Pieces/Facets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

capt sinny

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I''ve been lurking, listening and learning for quite a while now. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences and educating us.

I have a question about Signed Pieces/Facets. I was wondering if they offer a discount to Pricescopers. I''m finally reading to make a purchase, but their prices seem to have skyrocketed. Alternatively, are there any other jewelers any of you would recommend that have comparable quality but more competitive pricing than SP/Facets. Thanks in advance.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your signature.

I don''t know many who can beat their prices or quality. I think if you go with them you will fare very well.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope. Their prices have increased, I assume, with the rising cost of platinum and diamonds. However, I still think their prices are quite good. I''m not aware of any other place where you can get that kind of quality for those prices. Do you have a particular piece in mind?

capt sinny

Rough_Rock

Thanks, Ame. I like your signature, too! Thanks for the welcome, Demelza.

I am looking for around a 1ct eternity band. Do you guys know if SP offers a discount to pricesopers?

Thanks again!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
as far as I know, signed pieces does not offer discount to pricescopers...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey - its worth calling Isaac directly. I don''t know if you get a discount per se, but even though they are now making the setting that I got from them for my e-ring as a regular design, I got it for cheaper, and my wedding ring, which is basically the same as the setting, was cheaper as well. I would call them and ask to talk to Isaac and he can give you a price quote directly. Couldn''t hurt to mention PS either. Feel free to PM me if you want pricing details on my e-ring and wedding band (which should hopefully be ready soon!)

capt sinny

Rough_Rock
Thanks AmberGretchen -- check your PMs!

I can''t believe there is no other place anyone can think of that is comparable in quality but slightly cheaper???!!!

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi Capt;
I understand your reservations about the price. But keep in mind that they are in New York City, which is always more expensive then if you were buying something from a smaller town.
You get what you pay for most of the time so if you really like there work then I would say to go with them. Because many times if you go to a smaller local jeweler who is much cheaper, unless you know they do good work. You will have to be very careful to make sure they will make you a ring that you will happy with forever.

Phil

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
I''ve asked Isaac in the past about a discount for PS''ers and the answer was pretty much "no." I bought a 1.03 anny band with 5 RB diamonds, and the Raphael band with 1.38 ctw with 5 RB diamonds ~ both in white gold

I was thinking about an upgrade yesterday and checked out the SP web site and GASPED at the price increase from less than a year ago. I sent David and Isaac an email to explain my intention of shopping with them again ... but that the sticker shock will likely chase me away

I asked for an explanation of the price increase and hopefully I get a response

If there is a reply that is appropriate to post here, I will share

capt sinny

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply, Blue Eyes. That''s exactly how I feel. From eveything I''ve heard and seen what made them so special is the quality of their diamonds coupled with good customer service and outstanding pricing. I can''t believe how bloated their prices seem to be now. Their pricing now makes them seem just like any other high-end jeweler. I hope not. Dunno just my .002.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
While I admit the prices have gone up, I still don''t think they are anywhere never "overpriced." They have excellent products, excellent customer service, and a great reputation. I don''t think you can find a significantly better deal that matches their quality and those above mentioned characteristics.

Also, you can always get price quotes from the other vendors on PS, such as Whiteflash.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a facets diamond eternity band and have to say their quality is awesome. Yes prices have increased, but for what you are getting, I do believe their prices are still competitive.
2.gif

capt sinny

Rough_Rock
Don''t get me wrong here. I am in no way disparaging SP. Their pieces are beautiful and I would really like to own one. I was startled by how much their prices seemed to have gone up and all I wanted to know is if they offer a discount Pricescopers. Given all the business generated from this forum, I think it is rather appropriate.

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
Hey ...I contacted David Leventhal inquiring about the steep price increase of their diamond jewelry. His reply is no shocker to many of us, but here it is:

Kathleen:

Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately, the diamond market has exploded over the last several months and, as a result, prices are going to through the roof. In fact prices have gone up nearly every month for the last 5 or 6 months.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

David Leventhal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

capt sinny

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting that, Blue Eyes. What a bummer!
39.gif

David111771

Rough_Rock

Dear Fellow Pricescopers:

I wanted to address some of the comments that I have seen on Pricescope recently.

Yes, our prices have increased. However, I would like to be very clear as to why. As you know, the diamonds we use are only E-F, F-G , G-H in color and VVS-VS in clarity. These are the highest quality diamonds used in fine jewelry today and this is what separates us from most of the jewelers out there.

Unfortunately, prices on these stones have increased significantly over the last 6-9 months. Additionally, prices on platinum have increased as well. It used to trade at below $800.00 an ounce, it now trades above $900.00.

We will always encourage you to shop around -- it is your right to get the best deal you can find. However, please be careful when comparing our pieces to those of other jewelers. Make sure you are comparing rings that are identical, not only in diamond color and clarity, but also in the type of metal they use. While we do not claim to have the best deals on every item we sell, we are certainly competitive. Therefore, if you see what appears to be an identical ring somewhere else, make sure it is indeed identical. Otherwise, you are comparing apples to oranges.

If you have any questions about this, or anything else, please feel free to call us toll free at 866-398-3074.

In the meantime, we look forward to speaking with all of you in the near future.

Best Regards,

David Leventhal
Signed Pieces/Facets

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, David, for your honest and straight-forward response!

I am one of those people who regrets not buying before the cost of diamonds and platinum increased, but considers your rings to some of the most beautiful & well-made available and well-worth the current prices (Your associates have probably had to clean up my drool off the top of the display cases after I walk away, and they are always so accomodating in letting me try on anything my heart desires
1.gif
)

I may have to go a little lower in carat weight, or opt for wg, but I will still be buying my full eternity band from Facets/Signed Pieces in the future!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
There is another thread about their price increase under rocky talky. Price Increase at F/SP
Oh I adore D Parker as well have you read any of the books about the Round Table?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results