shape
carat
color
clarity

Signed Pieces Facets Duo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have first hand experience dealing with Signed Pieces on their Facets line? I''m looking at their Facets Duo: http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=3659

First of all, I can''t believe the price. What gives?

Second, I know they sell second hand, but this says both rings in this set are new. I even talked to the guy and he said there was a 3-4 turnaround time because they''d be making it specifically for me.

It''s hard to believe I could get a platinum semi mount and wedding band with .90 tcw for $1884 (size 4.5). Help!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any experience with Signed Pieces but I have read on here that they are amazing to work with. The set you have chosen is beautiful!
36.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I''ve asked if they could possibly make it with slightly smaller sidestones. My center is a 3/4 carat princess and I don''t want it to just blend in with the sidestones. I''m waiting for a call from Isaac to see what he says about that. Thanks all and keep the feedback coming!

Just fyi, another set I''m really liking is one from Whiteflash. It''s their Diamonds for an Eternity setting. The stone sizes in that set are better but the price isn''t as good as Facets. Here are the wedding band and e-ring setting from Whiteflash:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Diamonds-for-an-Eternity--3-4-_1069.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Diamonds-for-an-Eternity--3-4-_1070.htm#

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only their "signed pieces" collections are secondhand. Their facets collection is their own and pieces are new.

That price is very in line with what many online vendors will sell I think. Platinum in B&M stores is crazy expensive, but doesn''t seem to be with many PS vendors. It is a little less expensive than most, but I have heard nothing but good things about their company so I wouldn''t hesitate if you love it.

Two things that might make this set cheaper than some others:

1. It''s not a full eternity and many sets like this are.
2. The prongs are plain, with no adornment and aren''t "stylized" like many designer pieces.

If you love it, go for it!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 3:03:48 PM
Author: katiedid
I love it! I''ve asked if they could possibly make it with slightly smaller sidestones. My center is a 3/4 carat princess and I don''t want it to just blend in with the sidestones. I''m waiting for a call from Isaac to see what he says about that. Thanks all and keep the feedback coming!

Just fyi, another set I''m really liking is one from Whiteflash. It''s their Diamonds for an Eternity setting. The stone sizes in that set are better but the price isn''t as good as Facets. Here are the wedding band and e-ring setting from Whiteflash:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Diamonds-for-an-Eternity--3-4-_1069.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Diamonds-for-an-Eternity--3-4-_1070.htm#

These ones also have a lot more diamonds than the Facets pieces. Both are great, I don''t think you could go wrong with either, just different looks!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Facets has a good reputation here and they specializae in eternity bands, so this set should be lovely in person. I agree that smaller sidestones might be better for your center stone. I think kaleigh has an eternity band from facets, anyone want to dig up the pictures?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all. I''m such a skeptic... :) The Whiteflash set is gorgeous to me with the "almost" eternity design. It''s quite a bit more tcw too, but the sidestones are about 4pts each instead of a tad over 5pts each like the Facets stones are. At some point, you cross the line and a 3/4 carat princess starts to kinda "blend in" with the sidestones. What is an "ideal" scale?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 3:26:21 PM
Author: katiedid
Thanks all. I''m such a skeptic... :) The Whiteflash set is gorgeous to me with the ''almost'' eternity design. It''s quite a bit more tcw too, but the sidestones are about 4pts each instead of a tad over 5pts each like the Facets stones are. At some point, you cross the line and a 3/4 carat princess starts to kinda ''blend in'' with the sidestones. What is an ''ideal'' scale?

Ideal is really in the eye of the beholder...

For ME my .81 cushion was "ideal" with a really thin ritani setting with 3/4 pt. pave. That setting for me is the one that made me say "WOW!" and really makes my little stone pop. EVERYONE has asked how big it is and is really surprised to hear it''s under 1 ct. I think it''s a combination of the incredible stone AND the super thin setting.

That said, the smaller the sidestones and the thinner the band the bigger your stone will look. But only you can decide how thin to go!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results