shape
carat
color
clarity

Signed Pieces eternity bands are here!But....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone, I do love the look.

the rings fit my right hand perfectly, so I hate to mess them up by sizing down. I guess this means I''d better get my tail in gear finding that cushion. Though I don''t think it is out there.

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ann you and I have the same x and o ring..kinda.. Mine isn''t from Tiffany''s and it''s a half eternity with the diamonds channel set but I just had to laugh!
You have very good taste and I may have to think about adding a couple more bands to mine...that looks awesome!
30.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t size them, get sizing beads put in.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
ame,

tell me more about the sizing beads. Would they work on an eternity band?

What happens when my finger swells a bit in the heat?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The jeweler puts a little "ball" of metal in a few spots around the inside of the ring where it hits your finger. It adds enough metal to "shrink" the ring but not so much that your finger looks like a tourniquet is around it. When your finger swells more of your finger hits the rest of the ring around the beads. When your finger is experiencing shrinkage, your ring is held in place by the beads.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
can they be removed if need be?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2005 10:41:40 PM
Author: Ann
can they be removed if need be?

i am still learning about this too. i think they can be shaved off if needed. maybe an expert will chime in.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
all of you guys are the best.

What would I do without your help and guidance, thanks, I mean it!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I have sizing beads in both of my eternity rings. I really wish I would have kept my rings at 5.75, but I upped them to a 6 because at the time I was 25 lbs heavier and my fingers were bigger, but now I lost weight, so they became a bit big. It was only like 1/4 size too big but bugged me. They installed the "small" sizing beads in each ring, its just like a little "speed bump" in the back of each ring. Each ring by itself did fit more snug, maybe a bit loose still, but together they fit well. After our wedding we went on a mini-moon and spent some time in an open vehicle at 30 mph with cold winds and my fingers were so cold, but the rings seemed to stay in place and still fit.

I did not even notice them (I say did because I sent my rings back to Tacori to get them soldered so I only wore the rings with the beads for a few weeks, and should be getting them back soon) but I did get the smaller ones. I dont know how the larger sizes would feel, if they would hurt or not. I kinda wish I would have gotten larger beads to start but if they fit well in the cold together, they may be snug in the summer cuz I suffer from swelling so maybe its good i started with small beads. So Im gonna wait and see. Im thinking maybe in the future it will pay off for my rings to be a bit bigger because if my finger changes or something and gets larger after pregnancy, arthritis, etc, i can get the beads removed. The girl at the jewelery store said they can be filed down if need be, and more can be added if need be.

I really dont see them either. If I hold my hand in a certain way i can see a little "dent" in my finger but its sooo unnoticeable. Now that my rings have beads and are soldered we will see how it goes. I dont think I would do an eternity ring again if i had the choice, too many sizing issues LOL. Im such a stickler for a snug fit ring so this winter shrinkage deal kills me.

HTH!
35.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
One thing too like ame said, with the sizing beads I noticed less of that "sausage finger" look when my fingers were swelled. I guess the swelling is pushed back into the bead area instead of being pushed up over the ring. I hate that touniquet look too, so this was one advantage I also noticed with the beads!!!

i will say they were pricey to install, b/c i got platinum, so if you go that route, get the right size beads right off the bat!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ann – I just wanted to compliment you on the eternity bands. It’s really lovely!
36.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Well, this morning (7''ish) they fit perfectly.

the band that is the first to go on is a bit loose, but the band that sits closet to my knuckle is in no danger of slipping off.
So I guess I will try them at various times this weekend to get a good feel.

The weather here in Houston is very warm - 83* uck, so I''ll see how the smuggy humid heat affects my fingers.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
They look great with the Tiffany band.
What a nice combo

hmmmm sandwich- it''s making me hungry!
18.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful and they look great with your Tiffany ring...They compliment it perfectly!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ann, I think for me they look really big because they are askew in some images and you can see how they don't 'fit' your finger seemingly well in that they don't hug your finger...then again maybe that's just a side effect of the larger knuckles. Not sure if sizing beads fixes that or not. Do your fingers swell that much? That's amazing. Eternity rings can be a blessing and a curse...part of which is that the stones add bulk to the sides of your finger so that the rings always look bigger than they are, etc.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Ann, Your eternity rings are beautiful!!!! Sooooo white!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they look beautiful together but I would love to see a picture when your finger is swollen (strange request I know) I just want to admire them straight...
9.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
The Tiffany band IS big, but I intentionally bought it that way, so I could wear it on my right hand. I bought the gold 2mm bands (Tiffany) to act as "stoppers". The set has worked great. Fast forward to the eternity bands - I wanted them to be my new stoppers. I ordered them in a 1/8 size larger than the gold bands because the gold bands felt tight at times. I am beginning to wonder if the eternity bands are actually a 5 1/4. They feel that much bigger than my gold bands, but at times the eternity bands fit. This is so frustrating!!

Doing some research here at PS, I found a thread where someone said Issac at SP told her she could size up her eternity band, but not size down. Hmm?? I will call him Monday and find out what he suggests.

I hate the thought of having to send these back and waiting for new/redone ones! But they need to be correct. I think I will go to a local jeweler and ask them to check the size.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ann,
Yes take them to your local jeweler and have them put them on the mandrel and see exactly what size they are. Could be they are bigger than what you ordered. Sometimes these mandrels differ from jeweler to jeweler as I just experienced with my asscher. The mandrel is the long heavy stick that they slide your ring onto, in case you didn''t know. But I''m sure you do. Bring the yellow gold band rings with you, for reference. HTH
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely, I love them! Enjoy them and wear them in good health!

It''s humid and nasty up here in Dallas too, and I''m having a bit of sausage fingers going on. Houston weather is always exponentially more humid than it is up here . . . I''ll be down there for Thanksgiving this year.

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
They are just stunning!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Ann, a jeweler may be able to shave down the insides of an eternity ring or "ream" it out a bit in order to gain an extra 1/4 size or so. Mara had hers shaved down inside I believe, and CFlutist had an eternity ring reamed out about 1/2 to 3/4 of a size, if I remember correctly.

But there is no machine that I know of that "shrinks" a ring down a 1/4 size or so. But I''m no expert!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
The band are beautiful, Ann. And that Tiffany ring is one of my all-time favorites!!!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Ann:

My 2 cents: I like them big and slid-y. It looks more elegant. Sort of like you have loads diamonds just casually draping off your fingers. Cant explain but i do. I think it looks terrible with a bunch of bands all uniformly jammed together. It looks think and uncomfortable on the finger. (Mind you-- just a single band needs to fit or it looks silly............) But with 2 or 3 .....nice and loose

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2005 8:26:41 AM
Author: windowshopper
Ann:

My 2 cents: I like them big and slid-y. It looks more elegant. Sort of like you have loads diamonds just casually draping off your fingers. Cant explain but i do. I think it looks terrible with a bunch of bands all uniformly jammed together. It looks think and uncomfortable on the finger. (Mind you-- just a single band needs to fit or it looks silly............) But with 2 or 3 .....nice and loose
either that or people will think you can''t afford to resize them after buying them!! hehehe.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
the eternity bands went back to Signed Pieces this morning. They are putting in sizing beads to size down to a size 5.

David at Signed Pieces is by far the most professional jeweler I have ever worked with. It is obvious he believes " put the customer first".

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann - So glad you figured out how to solve your dilemma! The bands are absolutely gorgeous by the way!

I recently went to Tiff''s to try on the same Jean Schlumberger band - it didn''t look good on me at all - my fingers are probably too short - but it sure looks great on you! The eternity bands add a really pretty touch ~ enjoy!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
glad to hear you got this squared away

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2005 10:53:26 AM
Author: Mara

Date: 11/14/2005 8:26:41 AM
Author: windowshopper
Ann:

either that or people will think you can''t afford to resize them after buying them!! hehehe.
ha ha.................but they may actually be true in my case!

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Ann, When you get them, could you take some pictures of what the sizing balls look like?? Would love to see how this is done and what it looks like. Also let us know how they feel?
I am so far happy and imppressed with the level of service from Signed Pieces and David. I ordered a Raphael eternity Semi mount, and will be getting it three weeks. Thanks for sharing your beautiful Pictures!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results