shape
carat
color
clarity

signature ideal vs. ideal at blue nile

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mr.chad

Rough_Rock
Hello again all.I have decided that I am going to buy my diamond online at blue nile.I have been looking at other websites like whiteflash,james allen and good old gold and I feel that blue nile is the best choice but i guesse that is just a matter of opinion unless someone has a really good reason I should not buy from there.Anyway I have narrowed it down to some signiture ideals and some ideals and the specks between them (I dont have examples just generally speaking) seem very very small,so I was wondering how much of a differance it would make to me or my girlfriend keep in mind cut is very important to me but I can go a little higher in carrat if I go ideal instead of signature ideal.Also what is an exceptable girdle that aspect is a little confusing.Thanks to all!!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go with a Signature Ideal or an AGS Ideal. That''s it.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Buying a diamond online sight unseen I would feel more comfortable purchasing one of Blue Nile''s signature ideal stones.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I had my eye on a BN Signature Ideal a few months ago and someone else bought it. So I emailed BN to ask them to find me something similar. They sent me a link to a stone and said that it had all the specs of a Signature Ideal but was not branded as a Signature because it was not cut specifically for them. I would like to purchase from BN also, and knowing what I know now I am not buying a Signature stone. BN has equivalent stones that are not "Signature" because they were not cut for them. You just have to search a little harder, but it saves money in the long run.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Would probably save money with their AGSL cert ideals over the Signature ideals.

You might try using these cut tools below to compare a few AGSL''s to Signatures.

HCA

Gemappraisers

It has been a while - but I remember looking and finding the WF ACA''s to be a better deal.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only disadvantage I can think of is that Blue Nile does not have the trade-up or buy-back policy that GOG and WF do, and some of their ideal stones seem to be higher than similar ones than those at WF and GOG. Other than that, it''s probably fine.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Signature ideals are the stones they own themselves. The others are owned by other cutting houses, etc. In general I found BN to be more expensive, but based on people''s comments I think it depends on what size stone you are looking for - GOG, WF, US Certed were better priced for larger stones, and I found JA and BN generally much higher for these. Every now and then though you can find a good deal if you are persistent at looking.

I found that if you use your cut chart, you can weed out the ''baddies'' in their general list and focus on those with better #s. Bad side of BN (as already mentioned) - no upgrade (even if you don''t plan to, there is something comforting about having one), not very good customer service (kind of a shuttle ''em through mentality), and they cannot give photos, IS, etc of stones. THey can only call the houses and ask questions that you have, then at some point if the stone meets your criteria, you have to get it shipped to you to eyeball youself.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was on there this morning looking for a stone for a poster, in their SI collection. Almost all were in the rediculously high clarity range...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results